Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Unfortunately V2 was too quick.Yes it is Kawasaki Ki-5.This one in your drawings is from 1933.In my from 1937.

Attachments

• ki_28_port.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 138
And yes the plane in above posted pic is Lavochkin La-250
There another pic of it in flight.

Attachments

• la250-2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 128
Wow an inline on a japanese fighter... The mostly went with radials in WWII service craft. Except for the Ki-61 Hien (based on the He 100) with the DB-601 copy.

Now what's wrong with these first 2 pictures and not with the last:

Attachments

• Blazing_Angels_2[1].JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 130
  • vampire-mk1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 122
  • vampire-mk1-2.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 128
Pic 1: No wing guns on the Vampire

Pic 2: Looks o.k. for me

Pic 3: Fritz-X Missiles on the Vampire? Bought clandestinely from some german "Überläufer"?

The third pic has the correct nose-cannons.

If you look closely on the 2nd one you'll see the wing-cannons firing. Or are those just tips of 4 bombs/rockets poking-out, that would make more sense. Especially since it would just be the box art that's wrong.

In pict 2 the are probably bomb-tips, since that level was a bombing mission iirc.

And those aren't Fritz-X's I'm not sure what they are though, but the Fritz-X looks much different...

He had it coming And now that I'm back, my best wishes for 2008 to all of you. May we always find a strange picture to post it here.

Thought I would try and answer in Dutch.

From the same book, was it ever built Marcel?

Very good Graeme, only if you would have typed it in dutch I would have been more impressed . For your question, the T.9 it was built, but never developed ifurther than prototype stage, due to the German invasion in 1940. The F.XXIV never came further than the drawingboard.

Users who are viewing this thread