Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

received the second pilot licence ever issued by his country

And when asked by a journalist, why he received only the second one, he answered that the "number 2 is the even number". Now it would be good to know german language. :lol:

F84G Thunderjet for comparison.... RTAF Museum, Don Muang, Krung Thep (Bangkok)

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 130
OK folks. No one knew the Grade Lanzpreis Eindecker, which was the very first successful german motorplane ever (to us Germans what the Wright Flyer was to the Americans), no one knew the Vampyr, which was the very first modern glider ever..........welllllllll........here´s another go at a great teutonic classic. Don´t disappoint me this time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don´t disappoint me this time

Gee I hope not!..but its gotta be the Taube? and that's Austrian...isn't?

Speaking of Austria, My wife LOVES Inspector Rex. And now a spin off, Stockinger, who was a character in the Rex series. Popular in Germany? or is Australian SBS about 12 years behind in viewing standards!? :lol:

Stockinger
Ah, Karl Markovics. He's good. You shoud have seen him in "Drei Herren".

Drei Herren (1998)

Rex was very popular in the late 1990's, but I wasn't a fan. Austrian humour is somewhat strange and sometimes hard to understand, even for Germans. But I like it, though most of it will be lost in the translation. Even in the translation from austrian to german. :lol:

Oh, and the Taube is correct.

Krabat

Rex still has many fans in Germany and Austria, though i wouldn´t watch it at home. Might scare our cat...:lol:

By the way, Tobias Moretti, the shepherd´s master in the series has developped somewhat. His most recent roles were Adolf Hitler and Long John Silver.

I used to like Stockinger when I lived in Austria, but after Tobias Moretti left Komissar Rex (Inspector Rex), it wasn't so good. It was filmd around Wien though (Vienna), so I'd been to alot of the places on the programme.

The Etrich Taube was also built by the Austrian firm Lohner, a large aircraft and car and train chassis company, originally 'Lohner-Porsche' in the late 1800's- sound familiar?? Lohner did the chassis work, and Porsche did the motors.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back