Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd accept either Chris. But yes, it is the HD-34. Nicely done. Fascinating aircraft. I've read that they even considered a jet powered version and the Miles Aerovan at one time adopted a similar wing form.

American...

bloody ugly, whatever it is..! Looks like a pregnant goldfish.

Realized at home the bracing was wrong for the Do 24 (if only my books and computer were in the same place..!)

The fixed rudder and form might suggest it was built as a speed aircraft, like the Geebee racer - not designed to turn, but just fly a straight course as fast as possible. Wonder what engine it's got?

Hmmmmm, does look more like some of the animals i had in my aquarium when i was younger. Would you use something like that for speed racing? Though, good objection, A4K.

GRAEME, HELP!!!!!!!!

...Dosen't look much like a 'speedster' to me either, it was the lack of rudder and strange form to the fueslage that got me thinking..

It really does look like a pregnant goldfish to me...

So I wasn't that far away with Aerocar. I'm so good...:lol:

And that's the Lockheed Orion Explorer. And the man with the eyepatch is Wiley Post, right?

I never before heard about the aircar. Graeme certainly always digs up the most entertaining aircraft....

Correct, Wiley Post, Will Rogers and the (indeed re-engined and floated and also the inspiration and model for the He70) Lockheed Orion 9c. The last photograph ever taken of all of three taken just before the fatal August 15, 1935 crash

More:

Wiley Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back