Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, definitely Nord Noirot and F-111, as emilio said.

Anyone knows this aircraft?

Attachments

• 2143.jpg
    2143.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 119
Kool Kitty, it is a custom metal model. I'm going to stick with it being a hybrid probably with the intent of being the fokker. Thanks again to all who helped identify.

Patoruzu, are those wings variable sweep or fixed. I'm leaning to it being a Flogger but I'm not sure.

Almost right GRAMPA it was the father of the Marut as it was in Cordoba , Argentina as IA 43 Pulqui III designed, just before Kurt Tank went to India.
So this was the first model of the later MARUT

I would say an F-111 Aardvark flying inverted????

There's no fooling anyone these days.

Photographed in 1974 by Bruce Postle at an airshow at Point Cook, Victoria, with a 300mm lens. Flying inverted at 100ft the pilot hit the afterburners and climbed.

The bit I don't understand is...

..."the droplet effect against the milky white sky (is) caused by the afterburners."

Easy one...

Looks somewhat like on of these Stelio Frati designs from an earlier post... Italian?

Krabat

Looks somewhat like on of these Stelio Frati designs from an earlier post... Italian?

Krabat

Hi Krabat!

Long time no 'read', what's been happening?

No, its American, mid-late fifties...

Harold Dale was a project engineer with North American working on the F-100, so his ideal plane had to be designed in the spare time. He had assistance from his wife Eleanor who also had an engineering degree, handling much of the mathematics, administration, etc.

Long time no 'read', what's been happening?

Everything and nothing. More work, less money and now I got all my things moved to Munich. I'm vstill visiting the forum but I have not written anything, because in most cases I had no idea and less time to research. But the thread is going very well without me, I have to admit :lol:

Krabat

The RAAF F111s regularly do the "dump burn" at airshows where fuel is jettisoned into the jet eflux from the afterburners where it ignites, maybe the photo was taken before the fuel ignited.

There's no fooling anyone these days.

Photographed in 1974 by Bruce Postle at an airshow at Point Cook, Victoria, with a 300mm lens. Flying inverted at 100ft the pilot hit the afterburners and climbed.

The bit I don't understand is...

..."the droplet effect against the milky white sky (is) caused by the afterburners."

Easy one...

Attachments

• 12-Pig.jpg
    12-Pig.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 0862.jpg
    0862.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 139
  • F111.jpeg
    F111.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 154
Look at those crazy Aussies..nice..nice..nice keep it coming, great pictures.

Regards
Kruska

Users who are viewing this thread

Back