Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's an interesting image;

IMG_0005.jpg

Whoa! Looks like a fake to me, maybe made with parts from a Grumman Tiger and a Vigilante, maybe even a Starfighter. Canopy from a Phantom. And where do the wheels retract? Though, If it's a fake, it's a very good one.

Krabat

Yeah, that was my first reaction too. However it is a genuine photo, and it doesn't use parts from other aircraft. But what is it? (neither is it my second guess, a movie prop!) :)

Yes Graeme, a mock up, wheeled out for a photo opportunity is exactly what it is. The question now is a mock up of what?

I got this picture ready to email to you when the site was down, but as we're back....

edit to add, there is a clue in the picture.

"Looks like a mini-He162, but it was actually inspired by the Lockheed U-2. Two designers, Dick Hunt and Bob Hammer, recognised the potential of the U-2 for civilian purposes and hoped to provide a high altitude flying camera platform for photo/mapping missions.
Planned to have a ceiling of around 60,000ft and a potential climb rate of 15,000ft/min, it incorporated the wings of a Teledyne Ryan 147 drone, the nose gear of Mooney Mk 21 and a Learjet 24 nacelle inlet ring, the Hunt HH-1 Zipper was described as an "unprecedented endeavour." Sadly, it crashed on August 15 1979, killing Hunt and the project. "

Here're some more along the same lines...

Accueil news

K

Yes thats right, the Vought V-507 was their proposal for the VFX requirement and, surprisingly for me, was designed with a large amount of help from Dassault and data from the Mirage G. Which might explain its resemblance to the AFVG. Looks almost believable on the photo doesn't it.

If you're not going to tell us Graeme, do you mind if I stick a picure up? The annoying thing is I have seen that one before, or something very like it, but I have never known what it was called.

Image1ZZ.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm a young 'boy' from Belgium but I'm interested in planes none the less :) I don't quite remember how i got to this forum but i kinda like it here :) anyway, thanks for all the awkward planes you guys posted here allready, I love searching on 'em myself :)
Well, to make a long story a short one, here's my first entry:
Grtz, Red Feniks

Attachments

• Nope-not-giving-away-its-name.png
    Nope-not-giving-away-its-name.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 82
Its the Vaultee XP-54 "Swoose Goose" :D

It's Vultee actually but correct ;)

I've got one for you I hope is gonna be a thougher nut to crack ;) enjoy it
(I've got another nice one ready here where I'm personally pretty proud of ;) but first this Japanese one, well yeah, it's pretty obvious it's Japanese.. :p

Attachments

• hmmm...gif
    hmmm...gif
    59 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back