Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Graeme, The info I have says three possibly completed with ten more in manufacture but definitely never flown.

looks like a variation on the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets bomber..?

G'day Evan. You're certainly in the right time frame but this monster is the British AD Type 1 No.1000 Floatplane. The 'Greenhouse' nacelle (in the 'Gun Machine' version) was intended to carry a 12-pounder naval gun which could be depressed 38 degrees to the horizontal and 49 degrees above. The plan was to attack Zeppelins from above and fire shells at warships whilst circling them. The No.1000 version was the torpedo bomber version, carrying an 18 inch Mk.VII long range torpedo but it never flew and was broken up in 1916 at Felixstowe.

It was the brainchild of "eccentric" engineer Harris Booth and manufactured by Samuel White Co. Ltd. in 1915.

Hello it's me again!

Do some one can tell me what's this airplane (I'm not sure that we can already call that a airplane :)) I founed in Airliner:

Photos: Unknown Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Apparently I may be Russian...Thank you !!

Storch, that looks like a distorted (time travel can do that) Yak-18 trapped in the "Time Tunnel."...

Yes I think to that it could be a customized Yak but nothing else about this time tunel :D.

Thank you!

Interesting. Lockheed proposed a jet airliner with that wing design (referred to by a 'Flight' writer at the time as the 'flying bog seat') in the 1980's but I had never seen an actual plane with it before. Did it actually fly?

Interesting. Lockheed proposed a jet airliner with that wing design (referred to by a 'Flight' writer at the time as the 'flying bog seat') in the 1980's but I had never seen an actual plane with it before. Did it actually fly?

I don't think so and I'm not sure that it flew at least once !

Witch plane is it that the pilots who have flyed in combat got called for have "guaranteed varnished coffin"?

Oooh, and I always assumed the La in LaGG was short for Lavotchkin! You live and learn.

Well, it was. But no pilot calls his plane an "aircraft". It's a crate, a bird, a "Mühle" and sometimes a flying coffin. :lol:

By the way, LaGG = Lavotchkin, Gorbunov and Gudkov.

Krabat

See:
Lavochkin-Gorbunov-Goudkov LaGG-3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The novel, wood-laminate construction of the aircraft continued to be poor quality (as with its predecessor) and pilots joked that rather than being an acronym of the designers' names (Lavochkin, Gorbunov, and Goudkov) "LaGG" stood for lakirovanny garantirovanny grob ("guaranteed varnished coffin" - лакированный гарантированный гроб)."

If nobody has an idea, ask Graeme. :lol: Yes, Grade is correct. And he was the owner of the german pilot license No. 2 (which is the "grade Zahl" (even number). No. 1 was August Euler.

Borkheide

Startseite - hans-grade.de und Hans Grade Gesellschaft e.V. Borkheide

(How are you Krabat!? Changing nappies/diapers yet?)

The little Krabat-boy will come in July, so there's still time to muse upon the eternal questions of life, universe and Aircraft Identification V. :lol: A few weeks ago we moved to a new appartment and it's still a lot of work to do. It's less than week now that I got my internet connection and this evening I'll have some very hungry people (including good ol' Thunderbolt-Chris) for dinner. Looks like I have to watch my beer stock. :D

Krabat

This ones at a funny angle.

wbtt1.jpg

Excellent! I thought its unusual stance may make it harder than that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back