Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The sneaky bugger "shopped" it Marco. here it is fully clothed...:D
Ah, I see, thank you :lol:
Honestly, I guessed Curtiss but I knew I was wrong :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a nice little twin-engined, well done Waynos :D

conc.jpg

Cheers

You got it. Here's the pic with all markings untouched. Shall I do the reveal for the bonus item or shall I leave it a bit longer?

COCON.jpg

Meanwhile here's another with ID's painted off.

stopcheating.jpg

Last edited:
No I don't know what it is either, but the FK.55 is spot on. Here's the original article for the 'bonus'. Its from 1935 so, despite the cartoonish shape, it was actually a quite well thought out idea.

Image21.jpg

And from much later here is another.

hbgvfc.jpg

Looks a lot like the Bede BD-10, Jim Bede's aborted attempt at a homebuilt jet back in the mid-90's. In Bede's usual fashion, the design changed hands several times and had multiple designations. I don't think there are any flying now, unless it's been resurrected again.

And I must apologize, it seems like sometimes fingers are faster than brain! :|
Yes a SM.95B prototype did his mayden flight in 1945 :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm not completely wrong, because the develop (or better, the completion) of that "bomber" was a dispensation from peace treaty agreements ;)
An excerpt from an article about SM.95 I've found on an issue of "Aerofan" magazine:

SM95B_04.png

Yes, you're right, that is precisely the look (and the essence) of that project ;)
The profile shown in Graeme's post seems, I think, a speculation about the look the SM.95B should have had.
But these below are "the original drawings" found by the Aerofan's staff :)

SM95B_03.png

Quite a merge between SM.82 fuselage and SM.95 wings, isn't it?

And me too :oops:
Finally, the only two known photos of SM.95B :D

SM95B_01.png

SM95B_02.png

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo
excellent job Marcogrifo I regret I couldn't participate being off my PC for several days.
carson
Now I'm running to watch "Palio" on TV

Last edited:
After the victoria of the "Civetta "(owl) at the Palio I'm submitting this modest A/C for identification which probably won't last more than ten minutes....
carson
sconosciuto1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back