Aircraft Mock-Ups (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Those Gals look like they're sporting outfits from quite a few major airlines of the day, including Pan Am

Yup, Pan Am, Qantas, TWA, there were a few of the major players that were interested at one stage. I remember receiving a toy Concorde as a kid and it was in Pan Am colours. In the end, apart from British Airways and Air France, Braniff International and Singapore Airlines were the only other airlines to have their liveries applied on actual Concordes.

Mock-up (minus the rotors) of the Kellet KH-2A...

hello.jpg

Not a mock-up, but I thought it an interesting project nevertheless - a 1957 design for a nuclear powered aircraft. I particularly like the Cutlass looking "getaway jet" - just in case things start to get overheated...

atomic.jpg

A nuclear reactor produces heat, you use a heat exchanger to transfer that heat to the air.
Hot air expands. That all a conventional jet does, sprays burning fuel into the air to heat it and make it expand.

I wonder how safe the crew would have felt being behind the reactor ?

Nice one. Van't see any load carrying area though - bit of a big thing just to fly around with a 'crew craft' on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back