Aircraft Profile Publications? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Just found this on ebay.... after my dinner of pizza.....:lol:

AIRCRAFT PROFILE 11 WW2 RAF HANDLEY PAGE HALIFAX BOMBER - eBay (item 390088359179 end time Sep-06-09 18:15:36 PDT)

Does anyone have one of these and can tell me if it anything useful?

That's the sellers description:

"THIS IS A 20-PAGE SOFTBOUND BOOKLET FROM THE PROFILE PUBLICATIONS SERIES PUBLISHED IN THE SIXTIES CONTAINING B/W PHOTOGRAPHS, 2-PAGES OF COLOR PROFILES / COLOR THREE VIEW SCALE DRAWINGS CENTERFOLD, TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS, DETAILS OF DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONAL USE. THIS IS A CLASSIC REFERENCE BOOK ON THE SUBJECT AIRCRAFT IT IS NOT A PLASTIC MODEL KIT. IT IS ALSO NOT ONE OF THE ILLEGAL AND POOR QUALITY SCANNED COPIES OF THIS HARD-TO-FIND BOOKLET NOW APPEARING ON EBAY. THIS IS A MINT CONDITION ORIGINAL ISSUE PUBLISHED IN ENGLAND UK BY PROFILE PUBLICATIONS LIMITED. IT DOES NOT HAVE HOLES PUNCHED IN IT."

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a whole pile of those booklets. I find them somewhat useful, though can be a bit dated. For $5.00, why not.

don't bother...........look at the copyright date, I have 1/2 of the LW titles since this was suppose to be the cool and most update and accurate softbound series for it's time. now they are nearly worthless, the profiles are bogus from the word go......the text in many instances is from mythical and false non research information

save your monies

That is your problem right there Erich, for they are LW books. Any book on the LW from that era are mostly garbage.

I have a few of those, written by Shacklady, Mason etc.
You should ignore the sweeping statements from Erich.
Edit: the subject was Halifax, not a LW plane.

Last edited:
fraind not man I have several BC a/c bogus profiles..............ignore sweeeping statements sorry you can do better than that. I go back to the date of the work they need massive updating or just plain be ignored

there is more bang for your buck these fine days

I would handle AJ press/Kagero over profiles pubs any day but even then there is some concern, will everyone get the profiels exactly down correctly would be the question......only if indeed they are a profile aviation artist of note and long years, plus most importantly a dedicated historian. I can only think of a very few. Jerry Crandall and Tom Tullis come to mind firstly, though Clave here on the stie has got some very nice materials on his site just as profiles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back