Airfix 1/48 - Spitfire MK.24 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jjp_nl

Staff Sergeant
Apr 13, 2011
Well, I've been posting a few pics in the 'Whats on the workbench section' of the forum, but today I managed to finish my Spitty Mk.24! Just in time for tomorrows IPMS meeting!

There's a few odd and ends I'm not totally happy about (I snapped a gun barrel a few times and I slightly mis-aligned it compared to the other barrel when re-glueing it in place again, some minor silvering left on the big decals and walkways, a few mistakes on the trim-tabs I could have corrected, and navigation lights I sprayed matt :oops:) ...

but all in all I'm not totally unhappy about how this turned out, and this kit most certainly got me into the griffon engined Spitty's, so I'm happy to have another few in the stash, so there will be another take on this puppy not too long from now. I intend to include some additional resin and PE parts in following builds as well (cowling, resin cockpit and some extra exterior PE detailing (airwaves set)

A few firsts as well, being a full resin cockpit (or what was left of it after I was done with it and snapped the darn thing in lord knows how many small pieces ;) ) and a vac-form hood that didn't turn out too bad.

01-3.jpg

02-3.jpg

03-2.jpg

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

06-2.jpg

08-2.jpg

07-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

Thanks for the kind words

Love them five-bladed Spits.
Great job.
Ed

My thoughts exactly, althought that wasn't always the case with me. But this one sure made me wanna do some more of these late Griffion-engined beasts. Thinking about doing a MK.XIVe ATM (Academy kit with resin conversion/correction set to iron out some of the major defects of that kit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back