Airfix 1/72nd Avro Lancaster ''Just Jane''

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
This has taken quite a few months to build as it was a swine to alter the kit into a MK-VII Lancaster and get custom made decals made.

Thinking about the ''Just Jane'' she is depicted as she will be in around 2015
and wondering whether or not to do exhaust staining on the wings which i can
add later if needs be, it looks a bit too new but hey she will be....lol

Here is the completed model/dio' though still to add the chocks and four more figures.

just018_zpsa5c6c22d.gif

just003_zpsfba7d4d5.gif

just017_zps57b43901.gif

just006_zps15a61853.gif

just015_zpseb8c8851.gif

just016_zps88c102eb.gif

just014_zps4e23723b.gif

just011_zpsfedd5165.gif

just019_zps6c582339.gif

just020_zps0ceaa34f.gif

Ian.

Last edited:
Very nice Ian. Perhaps you could make Just Jane as it was in French service or as The Spirit of Surfer's Paradise when it first flew to England for a comparison; that'd be pretty cool. One thing, were you able to make the circular bomb aimer's window on the bottom of the nose? The kit has the original rectangular one below the bubble.

Very nice Ian. Perhaps you could make Just Jane as it was in French service or as The Spirit of Surfer's Paradise when it first flew to England for a comparison; that'd be pretty cool. One thing, were you able to make the circular bomb aimer's window on the bottom of the nose? The kit has the original rectangular one below the bubble.

This is my goal mate! To make every version of NX611 8)

I've not taken that photo of the underside have I ! I will show you in a few pictures and you will get thy answer,
nothing spared or missed out on this model, been enjoyable but painful in building this set-up, even adding the
taller astra-dome onto the standard Airfix astra-dome / inflatable dunlop rear tyre,treaded tyres / paddle blade props
/ altering rear turret to match Just Jane's, even adding the skull crossbones to the rear below the turret....lol

Decided to weather the model as it just looks to new, even a week old new Lanc' would get a little dirty.

jj3009_zps42ba0939.gif

petwood004_zps3bb3f53f.gif

dioy001_zpsb640e62d.gif

dioy007_zps1e6eb460.gif

dioy008_zpsf82263d8.gif

Spectacular build!

The diorama is great too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back