Airshow and Car show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That sounds good, Aaron. Its going to be hot but I don't think there is much doom (rain) in the forecast for tomorrow. We need the moisture for all the crops but i wouldn't mind if the precipitation held off for tomorrow.

I'll have to get me one of these forum T-shirts so I can "Rock out...with my Prop out"...errr, prop planes that is.

I'll have on my old boonie cap and hopefully look a little less than goofy with my pretty wife in tow. See ya there!
Derek

Bryon bought a Naval version of the PT-17 Stearman and it will be present tomorrow. Terry just called me and let me know that they got there safely and he wanted me to bring me camera. So it looks like it's shaping up to be a very good little show. This will be the first show that the Stearman has been to since Bryon purchased it I believe. I will get as many photos as I can. I do have a second battery and three 4 gig cards sooooooooo.

The show was not very big this year guys. Most of the performers went up 3 and 4 times yesterday to fill in. I stayed pretty busy on the ground and was not able to shoot as many photos as I wanted to but the aircraft that were up I did get shots of. I have posted them on my photo thread and will post more later.

And then i was tardy in getting there and didn't find Aaron till sometime after lunch. It may have been a little on the smallish side but Lori and I had a good time. I think they tried to make up in enthusiasm what they may have lacked in variety at the airshow.
It was a beautiful location though; small strip on top of an Appalachian ridge; gorgeous sun and clouds with an infrequent breeze. I'd lost my boonie hat so my head looks a bit like a ripening tomato (with receding hairline) today. Other than that...we had a great drive down there and a fun time.

I'll be looking out for more information on that show in Lonesome Pine Airport next month.
Derek

As smooth as could be. I was wondering if that was the area of any of these airshows. Took 81 all the way to Knoxville.

Well then you passed within one and a half miles of my home and within 200 yards of the shop I work at. If you had taken Exit 17 in VA. and caught RT.19 north and gone about 45 miles you would have found the airshow.

Last edited:
Ok guys, one last fling for the year around here anyway. Lonesome Pine Airport in Wise, VA. this weekend. It starts Thursday and runs through Sunday. Last year's show was excellent except for the weather so hopefully we will have a good turnout and nice weather. I expect to see Derek and Viking Berserker and anyone else who wants to show up.

This will take some planning to make it there. I have a good friend getting married on Saturday, so it may be Sunday by default. Is this one the small show that had the Thunderbolt last year? It'd be worth a 2 1/2 hour drive to hear that big radial engine if it was there again.
Thanks Aaron,
D

It is the same show you are referring to. Terry called me Friday to remind me of it and make sure that I was coming. He said the show in Wilmington, NC. over the weekend was sparse.

Users who are viewing this thread