"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

However, NATO has had years of designing countermeasures against Soviet/Russian SAM systems including new threat upgrades..
It's not so easy in reality. Unless using the likes of F-35s, then the reality is that the air defence environment in Ukraine (and arguable elsewhere if this were to escalate) is extremely challenging. It isn't just the case of using some new countermeasure systems either. If it were the case then the west could easily have said to the Ukrainians ages ago "here, go bolt this onto your Su-24s, Su-25s and MiG-29s and go use your airpower to end this thing". This is also something that worries me about the F-16s that many seem to think will be some sort of silver bullet.

Last edited:
It's not so easy in reality. Unless using the likes of F-35s, then the reality is that the air defence environment in Ukraine (and arguable elsewhere if this were to escalate) is extremely challenging. It isn't just the case of using some new countermeasure systems either. If it were the case then the west could easily have said to the Ukrainians ages ago "here, go bolt this onto your Su-24s, Su-25s and MiG-29s and go use your airpower to end this thing". This is also something that worries me about the F-16s that many seem to think will be some sort of silver bullet.
I refer you back to the detailed post by Biff, who has had hands-on, real time experience with this exact situation:

Just sayin' hello. For now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back