"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1. good start, pity they need at least that many per week
French book keeping is " different " i have worked with some companies. I tell you it can go 3 ways:

1. No shells will ever never be sent.
  2. Shells were made, paid for, but lost in translation.
  3. Some shells will be made and probably sent. After Pierre gets his ass in gear in the magazine room. Ask nicely. Trust me
  4. Just a slight minor mistake, or better let me say an oversight ( yes Pierre left his glasses home when reading the order) 30.000 shells will be sent every month.
  5. Being French management they can not accept a fault on their part so 30.000 will be sent no questions allowed.
Notice i said 3 ways. Now... the ones in the know, will acknowledge i have worked with the French.

French book keeping is " different " i have worked with some companies. I tell you it can go 3 ways:

3. Some shells will be made and probably sent. After Pierre gets his ass in gear in the magazine room. Ask nicely. Trust me
  4. Just a slight minor mistake, or better let me say an oversight ( yes Pierre left his glasses home when reading the order) 30.000 shells will be sent every month.
  5. Being French management they can not accept a fault on their part so 30.000 will be sent no questions allowed.
Notice i said 3 ways. Now... the ones in the know, will acknowledge i have worked with the French.
The man speaks from experience I can attest to…sigh

I would add the following

6. We will give 3,000 a month starting next October and until then will build up very slowly starting from next to nothing
7. The paperwork will almost certainly mean that we will not be able to start for 'X' months. Note this often applies to German goods, they love the paperwork.

US/NATO intel believes most of the Russian combat aircraft cannot detect the modern low observable S&T/TWS phased array radars - for whatever reason (it is presumed due to expense) most their systems have not been updated. Most of their combat aircraft can detect high power search and/or SAR/CW/PD lock-ons depending on the aircraft type and purpose. Unfortunately for most of today's Russian combat aircrew, systems like the Patriot use low observable phased array radars to search for and track their target, and to indicate the target. When you combine this with the ability to launch some variants of the missile without lock on before launch and use mid-course guidance to send the missile into the terminal basket - whereupon at longer ranges the targeting radar will 'blip' at high power to indicate the target, allowing the missile to lock on to the selected target with its onboard active terminal homing radar. At short to medium ranges the 'blip' may not even be needed, only a mid-course signal, and the first thing the target aircraft's pilot or REO will know of an incoming missile is the RWR signal from the missile's onboard active radar lock-on. The time from when the RWR goes off to impact when this is done well can be less than 2 seconds.
My data is certainly not current.

I will add that a certain amount of gamesmanship can be brought to bear. Use a SAM radar to steer / drive targets deep into the heart of another SAM system, and hold off targeting until well inside the No Escape Zone. If you war gamed this you would be prepared for it. Poor training leads to poor results.

As for the problems you presented I will say no more than there are counters to them.

Cheers,
Biff

Another aspect where the war is hurting. Both Russia and the world, but specially Russia.

Where will the fault line break....?

Where did it break in 1950...?

At the 38th parallel. Korea.

Stalin 'permitting' Kim Sr. to invade the South. (Mao wasn't 'enthusiastic'.)

To test resolve.

In 1950 Stalin had been pushed back by the western Allies in Greece, in Iran, and most publicly, in Berlin.

Since 2022 Putin has continuously been surprised and pushed back.

In 2024 Putin is under enormous pressure to maintain an 'economy' and a maximum war effort. North Korea is a reliable partner with interior lines of supply. Couldn't be better.

Putin needs Kim Jr., IMO, to be his cat's paw, under the protection of Putin's 'nuclear umbrella'. "You don't

Cyber attacks and misinformation campaigns will intensify. This strategy has been rehearsed in Estonia and Ukraine and Russian and NorK hackers share the same mindset. Moscow University is for NorK students 'the Paris' of the universe.

I think the only thing that matters is how China and the USA react to NorK aggression.

South Korea, while hugely successful, is a society under enormous pressure.

The politics reflect that. South Korea is an Occupied Country facing a Communist Country that calls itself the 'True Korea' and peace is only maintained by 'truce'.

I believe the tripwire for what comes next will be the 38th.

mm

It's not so easy in reality. Unless using the likes of F-35s, then the reality is that the air defence environment in Ukraine (and arguable elsewhere if this were to escalate) is extremely challenging. It isn't just the case of using some new countermeasure systems either. If it were the case then the west could easily have said to the Ukrainians ages ago "here, go bolt this onto your Su-24s, Su-25s and MiG-29s and go use your airpower to end this thing". This is also something that worries me about the F-16s that many seem to think will be some sort of silver bullet.
I would add a couple of things to my earlier comment. If NATO proper were to go head-to-head with the Russians, some advantages they would have that the Ukrainians do not are:
  • Numbers. The Ukrainians are operating on a shoestring so any air ops (even once they get F-16s) are restricted and they need to carefully manage their resources. NATO would not be so restricted.
  • Freedom of movement. Right now, Ukraine is largely restricted to going head on with the Russians. Ideally, freedom of manoeuvre would drive them to perhaps use a left hook around the front line and swing through Belarus to strike the Russians. Alas, this is not possible. I am sure that if NATO was fighting Russia direct, they would have much greater freedom of movement.
That said, I will still stand by my contention that the Air Defence environment in any modern peer-to-peer type conflict (be that Ukraine vs Russia, NATO vs Russia or otherwise) is extremely challenging. I have worked with many uniformed aircrew/operations planners and I don't know of any who would say otherwise if facing the likes of what we are seeing currently in Ukraine.

I am thinking the driver's underwear is a total write-off after this...

photo_5314705215288629651_y.jpg

I am thinking the driver's underwear is a total write-off after this...

View attachment 760737

Some more on this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back