"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beriev a50 call sign bayan down.

View attachment 765351
New modification to protect. Glorious soviet russian enginering.

1708846890058.png

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak called on the country's allies to be "bolder" in efforts to seize Russian assets amidst the invasion of Ukraine in an op-ed in The Sunday Times.

Sunak called on the Group of Seven (G7) nations to find a "lawful way" to more aggressively seize frozen assets belonging to the Russian government and its richest citizens and pass the proceeds back to Ukraine to aid its defense.

"We must be bolder in hitting the Russian war economy … And we must be bolder in seizing the hundreds of billions of frozen Russian assets," he said.

Hear, hear.

I understand, but Russia/USSR/CIS/Russia has continued to be a catalyst of trouble to European and world peace since the Great Game and until today. The country must finally be first neutralized and then westernized. Otherwise we'll be at this still in the 2300s.
I'd place the time a bit earlier than the Great Game, to the [Un]Holy Alliance, created to maintain autocracy and social class in Europe.

And --

Standing up on a stage nearly two years from the date she began hiding under a bunker in Ukraine with her infant son, Anna Zeitsava delivered a defiant message to a crowded auditorium on Capitol Hill.

"I know that right now, in this very moment, Russians are committing a real genocide of the Ukrainian nation," she said on Wednesday. "But please don't take us as a nation of victims. We are Ukrainians and we are a nation of fighters — and we will fight to the victory."

Zaitseva and her now two-year-old son, Sviatoslav, survived 65 days in a crowded shelter in the Azovstal steel plant in the southeastern Ukrainian city of Mariupol. They were part of a group of civilians sheltering while Ukrainian soldiers defended the plant from Russia early in the war.

The steel plant's defenders, who were the last to surrender to Russia in Mariupol in the spring of 2022, became a symbol of resistance that year. Zaitseva has emerged as one of the city's most resilient survivors after turning her harrowing experience into passionate global advocacy to support Ukraine.

I understand, but Russia/USSR/CIS/Russia has continued to be a catalyst of trouble to European and world peace since the Great Game and until today. The country must finally be first neutralized and then westernized. Otherwise we'll be at this still in the 2300s.
I know and respect this school of thought and I understand why it exists (even disagreeing with it in certain ways).
Still, I'd like to clarify that the old Imperial Russia and the subsequent state formations on its territory were very different in values and attitudes to other countries. Imperia behaved like an elephant in a china shop in world politics and did terrible things inside the country - helping the extremist forces to win in 1917. But Tsars, their near circles and (especially!) emerging entrepreneurs and the middle class of the early XX century did not want to change the global order. They also, despite many disagreements between them, could co-exist and cooperate in a framework of common moral and religious values.
The victory of the "Reds" in 1920-1922 and subsequent terror changed not just the form of government and the economic model but also the mentality of millions. Those who did not emigrate and were not killed became either fanatical supporters or obedient supporters of the superior will.
This mentality proved to be surprisingly resilient and it resurrected en masse in the early 2000s in the Russian Federation.

Last edited:
President Zelensky announced Ukrainian military KIA numbers: 31,000.
It will be everywhere soon, so I do not post the links.
As I remember, the last KIA figure from the official source was at the end of August 2022, by General Zaluzhny - "almost 10,000" according to him.

President Zelensky announced Ukrainian military KIA numbers: 31,000.
It will be everywhere soon, so I do not post the links.
As I remember, the last KIA figure from the official source was at the end of August 2022, by General Zaluzhny - "almost 10,000" according to him.
Which is an incredible contrast to what the Armed Forces of Ukraine have inflicted on Russian forces.

And we sit on our hands. Disgusting.

Ukrainian special services conducted a drone strike on one of Russia's largest metallurgical plants on the night of February 23-24. Ukrainian outlet Suspilne reported that sources stated that the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) and the Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) organized a drone strike on the Novolipetsk Metallurgical Plant (NLMK) in Lipetsk and that damage will stop production at the plant for a long time.[44] Lipetsk Oblast Governor Igor Artamonov claimed that Russian forces intercepted two drones in Lipetsk Oblast and that the plant's operations were not significantly affected.[45] An NLMK representative claimed that the plant does not supply products to Russian defense industrial base (DIB) enterprises, likely in an attempt to downplay the extent of NLMK's involvement in fulfilling contracts for the Russian government and defense industrial base (DIB).[46] Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reported in July 2023 that NLMK won contracts to supply steel to the Izumrud plant in Vladivostok, which the Russian Federal Agency for State Property Management controls and which produces artillery control systems, drone engines, and systems for dropping explosives from drones.[47] RFE/RL also reported that NLMK supplied steel to state-owned enterprises involved in the production of nuclear weapons from 2014 to at least 2019.[48] Vladimir Lisin owns NLMK and is one of Russia's top three richest oligarchs.[49]

And from later in the same article:

Russian information space actors continued responding to the February 23 A-50 shootdown and largely denied that Ukraine is responsible for the downing of any recent Russian aircraft. Russian milbloggers continued to claim on February 23 and 24 that Russian forces were responsible for shooting down the A-50, but offered many different theories about the shootdown. One prominent milblogger claimed that Russian authorities are investigating a Russian S-400 crew for shooting down the A-50 while trying to intercept Ukrainian missiles targeting the A-50.[52] Another milblogger claimed that a Russian air defense crew purposefully targeted the A-50.[53] Other milbloggers continued to claim that Ukrainian forces could not have shot down the A-50 because the aircraft was out of range of Western-provided Patriot air defense systems and complained that Russian air defenders are so systemically incompetent that they shot down five of their aircraft in February 2024.[54] A prominent Wagner Group-affiliated milblogger dissented, however, expressing disbelief that Russian air defenses are so incompetent as to have shot down so many Russian aircraft in such a short period and attributed the shootdown to Ukrainian forces instead.[55]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back