"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the latest from the whiny bitch:

Russian President Vladimir Putin says Moscow will begin insisting that payments for Russian gas from "unfriendly countries" are made in roubles.

He's given the Russian central bank a week to find a way of switching these payments away from other currencies.

He says the change will only affect payments and that gas will continue to be supplied in line with existing contracts. It's not clear what the impact of this decision will be.

Putin says the freeze on Russian assets by Western countries has destroyed trust and that his country's economy has been hit hard by sanctions imposed by the West over Russia's actions in Ukraine.

Sanctions include a move to restrict Russian access to international payment systems.
Funny how Putler can be so upset at the world.

Can't a despot start a war without pesky outsiders interfering, these days?

And I suppose he missed the history class where they taught about the founding and growth of the Kievan dynasty, which included parts of modern Russia - in other words, the Ukraine is not part of Russia, but the other way around...

Hey, remember this?
4EE7A76F-2894-4200-8544-C4BD8143B7E4.png

Another quick update for those who haven't seen it. The mention of EW equipment piqued my interest since that's my "thang" at present:

A Russian lieutenant colonel has been captured by Ukrainian forces, a Western official has confirmed.

Ukraine has conducted "limited counter attacks", they said, which had led to the destruction of Russian equipment and capture of some Russian personnel.

"In the area in which he was captured, there was a significant amount of electronic warfare equipment. It's unclear whether he was personally connected with that, but it's something we're looking into currently," the western official said.

Overall, six Russian generals are now thought to have been killed, the most senior is a lieutenant general who was commander of the 8th Combined Arms Army. All six will have been replaced, they say.

The official said it was 'remarkable' that Hostomel airport was still being fought over when it was a Day One objective for Russian forces.

They still expect Russian forces to try and edge towards the capital bringing more artillery into range. But Ukrainian forces are doing "well", they say, to take small towns back from Russian forces. In coming days, they expect a focus more on Russian forces manoeuvring in the east of the country.

Russia has been frustrated in its plan to move on three axes simultaneously and may focus more on the east. A concern is that if the Russian forces make breakthroughs, they could surround the main Ukrainian fighting force, the JFO, in the east, the official said.

"The Ukrainian forces there are strong, but they do have a challenge that they potentially have forces coming at them in three directions. This is probably the area where we have the greatest concern," they said.

And I suppose he missed the history class where they taught about the founding and growth of the Kievan dynasty, which included parts of modern Russia - in other words, the Ukraine is not part of Russia, but the other way around...

This may be a repeat but it still makes me laugh...it was a meme posted by the US Embassy in Kyiv back on 22 Feb that quite viciously mocks Moscow (clearly an "unfriendly" action):

1648058668295.png

Just when I thought the whole Ukraine/Belarus/Russia thing couldn't get any weirder....

Please note I offer this solely as a reflection of the craziness of the world right now. It's neither a commentary on the events in Washington DC of 6 Jan 2021, nor is it an invitation to start discussing those events.

If I'm sailing too close to the wind with this post, then would the Powers-That-Be please delete it. I don't want to start a firestorm on this excellent thread that is now in its 144th page!!!
Birds of a feather...

Let's do a quick resupply of Ukrainian units trying relieve Mariupol. Just to make Putin even wackier, a little.

I started out joking but maybe something like that might be enough to "spine up" the remaining generals to relieve Putler for gross incompetence. Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back