"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i think Ukrainian Army has initiated new tactics - they let Russians penetrate their defense just to separate and totally destroy frontal elements of russian troops - looks like they did it today's morning at Kharkov
Obviously the russian bear couldn't tackled head on but seems like that ukrainians were well aware of that and have opted for ambushing it..

The U.S. and its allies have beefed up forces on NATO's eastern flank but so far have ruled out deploying troops to fight Russia. Instead, the U.S., the European Union and other countries have slapped wide-ranging sanctions on Russia, freezing the assets of businesses and individuals including Putin and his foreign minister.

Dmitry Medvedev, the deputy head of Russia's Security Council, warned that Moscow could react by opting out of the last remaining nuclear arms pact, freezing Western assets and cutting diplomatic ties.

"There is no particular need in maintaining diplomatic relations," Medvedev said. "We may look at each other in binoculars and gunsights."

Losing the treaty is not good at all, but the rest of it, meh.

NPR is reporting that in addition to boosting Germany's defense budget by €100bil this year alone, Schulz plans to finance two offshore LNG terminals to relieve Germany's reliance on Russian gas.

Also:

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia unleashed a wave of attacks on Ukraine targeting airfields and fuel facilities in what appeared to be the next phase of an invasion that has been slowed by fierce resistance. The U.S. and EU responded with weapons and ammunition for the outnumbered Ukrainians and powerful sanctions intended to further isolate Moscow.

Huge explosions lit up the sky early Sunday south of the capital, Kyiv, where people hunkered down in homes, underground garages and subway stations in anticipation of a full-scale assault by Russian forces.

Flames billowed into the air before dawn from an oil depot near the Zhuliany airport, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) south of the capital, according to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's office and the mayor of the nearby town of Vasylkiv.

Zelenskyy's office also said Russian forces blew up a gas pipeline in Kharkiv, the country's second-largest city, prompting the government to warn people to protect themselves from the smoke by covering their windows with damp cloth or gauze.

"We will fight for as long as needed to liberate our country," Zelenskyy vowed.

One of the major surprises to me anyway, is the lack of combat the Russian Airforce seem to be involved in. They had a huge numerical advantage and knowing how they don't like to export equipment equal to their own, probably a technical advantage. They would have known where the Ukraine airbases are and by now I would have expected them to be all over the battlefield.

The stingers which have been supplied would be a deterrent, but no more. Does anyone know more about this than myself?

There are reports the Russians are suffering fuel shortages. Maybe this plays a factor?

It is a distinct possibility (at least in my mind) that the Russian high command is keeping the majority of its (operable) air force out of the Ukraine conflict in order to have it available in case NATO takes action. In a serious war between NATO and the Russian Federation, NATO would shred the RF air forces, possibly at very high cost, but still . . .

Last edited:
It appears that the Russian Air Force has not been as active the past day or so as it was early on.
I am suspecting that since Russian forces have not been successful in disabling Ukraine's command and control, coupled with losing over five fighters, several helicopters and transport aircraft, they have limited their missions - perhaps waiting for successes in Kiev via the ground war?

Users who are viewing this thread