"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's seeming more and more likely that the Claims about the Russian Frigate Admiral Makarov being stuck by Ukrainian Anti-Ship Missiles off the Coast of Odessa is True, multiple Rescue Ships and Aircraft are reportedly in the Area with U.S Surveillance Drones keeping eyes on it.
Though so far this is still not 100% Confirmed.
Reported video of Russian Frigate Admiral Makarov. Still no confirmation it is true.

If this is true Russians will go nuts. 2 frigates in less than 24 hours. Great prologue for Russian V-day, rotflol

explosion on Burevestnik frigate?

5 hours ago ( 2022-05-06 14:18 )

An explosion followed by burning also occurred on board the Russian Burevestnik frigate near Zmeiny Island, Dumskaya reported.

FSEZFFmXwAAum7E?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Ukraine
An explosion followed by burning also occurred on board the Russian Burevestnik frigate near Zmeiny Island, Dumskaya reported. According to preliminary information, the ship was hit by Ukrainian Neptune anti-ship missiles. We are waiting for official information. The Krivak class, Soviet designation Project 1135 Burevestnik (storm petrel), were a series of frigates and guard ships (patrol boats) built in the Soviet Union primarily for the Soviet Navy since 1970. Later some sub-branches, like the Nerey (Nereus) were designed for coastal patrol by the KGB Border Troops. Until 1977, the ships in the class were considered to be large anti-submarine warfare vessels.

Which ship is that?

Nope...they're different classes of ship. The Makarov is an Admiral Grigorovich-class frigate and is very new (5 yrs old, IIRC) whereas the Burevestnik is a much older Krivak-class.

Yep.

It may actually be the same ship reported twice under different names, we have to wait for confirmation. But Admiral Makarov and Burevestnik are two different ships.

Not my report. I was simply noting that the Makarov and Burevestnik are different classes of vessel. The video at Post# 5621 appears to be the Makarov based on the planar array radar atop the mast (the Burevestnik has the oval-shaped Head Net radar).

I stand corrected, and my apologies for misattributing. R RogerdeLluria , do you have a source for your report that you can link?

Going back to the naval war...I find it interesting that there's virtually no reporting of the Admiral Makarov in the open press. I'd have thought that the Russian media would be all over this if the ship hadn't been hit. There's also reporting of extensive helicopter operations near the ship, which tallies with reports of efforts to evacuate the crew.

I'm leaning towards thinking that it did get hit. Now to see how badly it was damaged.

Only source I've seen
Many sources cite Admiral Makarov. However, the same source also report Admiral Makarov being on fire
Zmiinyi Island is Snake island, so it may very well be same incident reported under different ship names.

However, other sources claim Admiral Makarov was hit close to Krimea.

Guess we have to wait for confirmation and don't get too excited.

Found two source that mix Admiral Makarov with Burevestnik
We are probably under same incident - different names scenario. Incident has yet to be confirmed, but I'm leaning to believe 1 frigate was hit.

Aleksey Goncharenko, a Ukrainian politician and chairman of the Odessa Regional Council claims the Russian frigate Admiral Makarov - Адмирал Макаров was hit and sunk by a neptune missile. Still awaiting more official confirmation from both sides.

Seems Ukaranian claim the ship to be hit and sunk. Waiting for other sources.

Found two source that mix Admiral Makarov with Burevestnik
We are probably under same incident - different names scenario. Incident has yet to be confirmed, but I'm leaning to believe 1 frigate was hit.

The video of the ship burning, posted above, appears to be the Makarov, with its long forecastle mounting a single gun, a mattress radar on the mainmast, and a bulky superstructure largely aft. With credit to Dessee23 at another forum where we're discussing this war, here's a still of the burning ship compared to a peacetime photo:

makarov.jpg

schiff-fregatte-admiral-makarov-127233401.jpg

I suspect the two differing reports are a matter of misidentification. Compare to a peacetime pic of a Krivak:

Project_1135M_Pytlivyy_2009_G1.jpg

The forecastle and superstructure are very different from the pic of the burning ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back