"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LOL 🤣

While I was reading one of the linked articles a pop-up ad popped up with the words "What are 4 early signs of dementia" and my mind without hesitation supplied the answer "invading Ukraine must be one". The fact that the pop-up popped up right under a picture of Putin in the article probably helped the word association test.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn served eight years in gulags and a sharashka for doing this very same thing, via handwritten letter. An artillery officer in 1945, upon return home he spent that time in camps, and then another five years in internal exile.

Apparently that link didn't work. Summary follows.

'Everything is gone': Russian business hit hard by tech sanctions

Export controls placed on supply of chips and hardware over Ukraine war dent economy's prospects

Russian companies have been plunged into a technological crisis by western sanctions that have created severe bottlenecks in the supply of semiconductors, electrical equipment and the hardware needed to power the nation's data centres.

Since sanctions came into force, Russia's main cloud service groups — Yandex, VK Cloud Solutions and SberCloud — have experienced a surge in demand for their services because most Russian companies are no longer willing to host their applications in data centres abroad, according to analysts at marketing intelligence group IDC. VK Cloud Solutions wrote to the Kremlin last month requesting urgent help to find "tens of thousands of servers", according to local media reports. Domestic companies are no longer able to source these from Western companies, and a shortage of the advanced chips that go into servers is preventing Russian IT manufacturers from ramping up production of their own.

With the country unable to export much of its raw materials, import critical goods or access global financial markets, economists expect Russia's gross domestic product to contract by as much as 15 per cent this year.
Those poor Kremlin trolls.

From a renown Western Media outlet's article with photo:

Headline: Russian troops move into Sjewjerodonezk

Is there something going on that we all don't know about? :eek:

Attachments

• Russian troops enter Sjewjerodonezk.png
    Russian troops enter Sjewjerodonezk.png
    416.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
SIEVIERODONETSK, Ukraine, June 3 (Reuters) - Russian forces advanced deep into the ruined eastern factory city of Sievierodonetsk but Ukrainian troops were still holding out there on Friday as Russia's assault on its neighbour reached its 100th day.

Ukraine's defence minister said his troops were already training in Europe to operate new, advanced missile systems pledged this week by the United States and Britain, which Kyiv hopes will help swing the battle in its favour in coming weeks.

[...]

Reuters reached Sievierodonetsk on Thursday and was able to verify that Ukrainians still held part of the city. Troops drove at high speed over roads littered with wrecked armoured vehicles. One soldier sat in the back seat, his face streaked with blood from injuries.

[...]

Speaking by video link to a security conference in Bratislava, Reznikov said Ukrainian artillery crews were already training in Europe to operate new HIMARS and MLRS rocket systems pledged earlier this week by the United States and Britain.

Asked when Ukraine would be able to reverse Russian gains and drive Russian forces out of eastern Ukraine, Reznikov said: "I forgot my tarot cards at home... I cannot forecast definitely what month we will kick them out. But I hope that it's an absolutely realistic plan to do it this year."

Despite being driven from the north of Ukraine in March after a failed assault on the capital, Russia still controls around a fifth of Ukraine, about half seized in 2014 and half captured since launching its invasion on Feb. 24.

Perhaps someone will be interested.
Scientific work on manipulations and methods of influencing the enemy, written by a Russian doctor academician of philosophical sciences.

GEORGY LVOVICH SMOLYAN:
REFLEXIVE CONTROL IS A TECHNOLOGY FOR MAKING MANIPULATIVE DECISIONS​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back