"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1654429623785.png

For those understanding Spanish here are some sources.

How soon before the UAF can competently operate and fight the Leo2? I assume they've been doing so since March or April.

We're not using our hundred odd Leo2s in Canada, where we're seemingly reticent to deploy them to Europe. I suggest Canada donate fifty or so tanks to Ukraine.

How soon before the UAF can competently operate and fight the Leo2? I assume they've been doing so since March or April.

We're not using our hundred odd Leo2s in Canada, where we're seemingly reticent to deploy them to Europe. I suggest Canada donate fifty or so tanks to Ukraine.
Spain has about 50 Leopards 2A4 in "hibernated" state for about 10 years. Those were purchased from Germany in 1995 and will need Scholz's OK. For putting these tanks in operational state, it will take about two months once approved. The interesting part in the discussions about this new military aid, it includes training for Ukrainian operators in Latvia and Spain.
If I'm not wrong Poland, Finland and Sweden, among others (Canada as you say), have Leopards 2A4 and might be interested also in transferring them to Ukraine.

As for the anti-aircraft missiles, it seems its a few hundreds of surface-to-air aspide and aspide 2000 that Spain retired recently (replaced by NASAMS II)

KYIV, June 5 (Reuters) - Russia struck Ukraine's capital Kyiv with missiles early on Sunday for the first time in more than a month, while Ukrainian officials said a counter-attack on the main battlefield in the east had retaken half of the city of Sievierodonetsk.

Dark smoke could be seen from many miles away after the attack on two outlying districts of Kyiv. Ukraine said the strike hit a rail car repair works; Moscow said it had destroyed tanks sent by Eastern European countries to Ukraine.

At least one person was hospitalised though there were no immediate reports of deaths. The strike was a sudden reminder of war in a capital where normal life has largely returned since Russian forces were driven from its outskirts in March.

[...]

Ukraine said Russia had carried out the strike using long-range air-launched missiles fired from heavy bombers as far away as the Caspian Sea - a weapon far more valuable than the tanks Russia claimed to have hit.

Ukraine's nuclear power operator said a Russian cruise missile had flown "critically low" over the country's second largest nuclear power plant.

Sunday's attack was the first big strike on Kyiv since late April, when a missile killed a journalist.

Spain has about 50 Leopards 2A4 in "hibernated" state for about 10 years. Those were purchased from Germany in 1995 and will need Scholz's OK. For putting these tanks in operational state, it will take about two months once approved. The interesting part in the discussions about this new military aid, it includes training for Ukrainian operators in Latvia and Spain.
If I'm not wrong Poland, Finland and Sweden, among others (Canada as you say), have Leopards 2A4 and might be interested also in transferring them to Ukraine.

As for the anti-aircraft missiles, it seems its a few hundreds of surface-to-air aspide and aspide 2000 that Spain retired recently (replaced by NASAMS II)
Has the Leo2 ever been used in anti-armour combat?

I came across a YouTube channel from Belarus. It's called Military Summary. It has a disclaimer about not supporting the invasion of Ukraine. If I remembered it right, an interesting choice of words.
The channel closely matches what Denys Davydov presents. His maps are from Russian sources and show Ukrainian forces positions, maybe. Just sayin'.

Update: I remembered it wrong. They are "against any aggression in Ukraine".

Last edited:
This War has become a combat volunteer's top destination, like the Spanish Civil War for young adventure/cause seeking Euro and American men, or like ISIS for young Muslim men.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ukraine got these tanks reported on in 2014 up and running?

Russia is using separatist forces from a contested Ukrainian territory for urban ground assaults in an effort to minimize the impact of the war on its armed forces, according to new information released by British intelligence.

After sustaining heavy losses in a war that has dragged on for more than 100 days, Russia began mobilizing resistance fighters from the Luhansk region of Ukraine in a ground assault to claim control over the city of Sieverodonetsk in eastern Ukraine, according to an intelligence update from the United Kingdom's defense ministry, which explained the move "likely indicates a desire to limit casualties suffered by regular Russian forces."

Separatist forces from the Luhansk region have fought against Ukrainians since 2014 in a Russian-backed revolt, along with resistance fighters from the Donetsk region.

The strategy to use the rebels in Sieverodonetsk is similar to what Moscow has done in Syria, when it deployed soldiers from the Syrian army to assault urban areas. But troops from the self-declared independent region of the Luhansk People's Republic are "poorly equipped and trained, and lack heavy equipment in comparison to regular Russian units," the UK said.

I wonder how it will sit with Ukrainian separatists to be used as cannon-fodder now that Russia has already taken so many losses, especially after their own home towns have been chewed to pieces?

Also:

LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - A Russian general was killed in eastern Ukraine, a Russian state media journalist said on Sunday, adding to the string of high-ranking military casualties sustained by Moscow.

The report, published on the Telegram messaging app by state television reporter Alexander Sladkov, did not say precisely when and where Major General Roman Kutuzov was killed.

There was no immediate comment from the Russian defence ministry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back