"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

093B5FC3-0AEA-4697-B824-8F46AE4EFE75.jpeg

That shit won't help! Grab a gun and fight the invaders. Show them no mercy.

Some interesting analysis:

Spot on! I had several friends visit Ukraine a few years ago trying to purchase surplus L39s, parts and engines. This was in between several of their "political crises." Very corrupt, everyone sought some kind of kickback, so I've been told.

From what I can see the Ukraine was a political mess, far left and right wing factions against each other to include a large Russian speaking population in the eastern portion of the country (Russian backed rebels) this combined with meddling from Russia and the West didn't help matters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Putin and this invasion in any way shape or form, but there's a lot of dynamics here to include regional identity between Ukrainian nationals and pro-Russian supporters (as mentioned in that article)

Tell that to the Shah ... or Antonescu ... or the CCCP ... or the Tsar ... or Louis XVI ...

Whether the strongman cares or not often doesn't matter. When the people suffer enough, they often rise up.

Decades/centuries of suffering, then suffering during the revolution, only to replace one strongman with another so the ordinary people can continue with suffering.

We are also reviewing the forum's politics rule to cone to a way to allow discussion without the hateful tripe and arguments that it usually devolves into.
I quit my account at NavWeaps Forums when the political discussions were quickly taken over by hate-speech, conspiracists, dogmatists, denigrators and followers of pseudoscience . I did my very best to reign it in here.

I come here to WW2 Aircraft specifically because it eschews politics, like a good pub.

GzzhUgHz4H-I4kU08vKj3yUPrEOdQBQzeoGnKNOzw&usqp=CAU.jpg

I quit my account at NavWeaps Forums when the political discussions were quickly taken over by hate-speech, conspiracists, dogmatists, denigrators and followers of pseudoscience . I did my very best to reign it in here.

I come here to WW2 Aircraft specifically because it eschews politics, like a good pub.

View attachment 659289

We are looking at updating our politics rule to prevent that, but allow healthy political discussions for topics like this one.

Good. I think strict moderation will keep the extremists at bay.

It will be. We will also present the updated rules to the forum community as an act of transparency and to gain their input before rolling it out. We are not dictators like our friend Putin here, but we must prevent this forum from becoming a cesspool of hate and fighting at the same time.

Enough talk of this for now, though, more to follow when we have it figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• GTX
  • Frog
Back