"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's a rare Russian leader that retires before he's dead. I think Putin's fear of the Hague (likely sent there by his successors) will keep him in power until he expires.
Well, I bet my lifetime won't reach there!!!

Beside that, I really don't think that Hague is for rich men... They can buy all that place, would cost a single cent for them, comparing their wealth.

The only real things that can end his and his puppet's tyranny, are hot lead and cold still.

Decades/centuries of suffering, then suffering during the revolution, only to replace one strongman with another so the ordinary people can continue with suffering.

I'm not arguing that revolutions actually overcome injustices. I'm arguing that strongmen who don't take into account popular feeling have felt and will continue to feel the sharp edge of that blade.

It's a subtle but important distinction in the context of this discussion. Putin is doing this in part, I believe, to cement his place in Russia history. But it may well turn out that he will do so in a way entirely unforeseen in his scheme. The Law of Unintended Consequences kicks ass.

I quit my account at NavWeaps Forums when the political discussions were quickly taken over by hate-speech, conspiracists, dogmatists, denigrators and followers of pseudoscience . I did my very best to reign it in here.

I come here to WW2 Aircraft specifically because it eschews politics, like a good pub.

View attachment 659289

I'm a very politically-interested person. What I eschew is demonization, which is the bugbear of healthy discussion. Of course, this relies upon maturity from all involved, and that cannot be assured; so I understand and accept the political rules here in situ, and go elsewhere when I want to discuss politics.

Compartmentalization, if you will.

The end of story is way bitter than ongoing war...

Many more shall suffer, phisically or mentally.

There should be a sad-face emoticon for this, indicating sad agreement.

I have one in my library but it's wonky:
EkcMytk.gif

I'm a very politically-interested person. What I eschew is demonization, which is the bugbear of healthy discussion. Of course, this relies upon maturity from all involved, and that cannot be assured; so I understand and accept the political rules here in situ, and go elsewhere when I want to discuss politics.

Compartmentalization, if you will.

Amen, brother. If I may add, I also reject adulation, which is a close-cousin of demonization. 'Fraid I've been around the block (and around governments) too much to believe that any one person/ideology has all the answers.

From my time as an intel professional, it was recognized that bringing together a group with disparate views ALWAYS results in a better analysis than a group with members who all approach the problem from the same perspective. The same is true in the political world...collaboration and compromise tend to bring stability where discordant, "winner takes all" mentalities tend to destabilize.

A wise man once said "We can disagree without being disagreeable." I wish more politicians followed that mantra.

There should be a sad-face emoticon for this, indicating sad agreement.

I have one in my library but it's wonky: View attachment 659290
Actually many would talk about war losses, dead, disabled, wounded, captives ...

But no one would talk about how many people have suffered in different ways from this (or any other) war...

Many Ukrainian Artists have deactivated Thier social media accounts...

Many gamers, deleted their accounts ...

No one noticed them, no one cares about them ...

They even hurts more than the war itself.

Amen, brother. If I may add, I also reject adulation, which is a close-cousin of demonization. 'Fraid I've been around the block (and around governments) too much to believe that any one person/ideology has all the answers.

From my time as an intel professional, it was recognized that bringing together a group with disparate views ALWAYS results in a better analysis than a group with members who all approach the problem from the same perspective. The same is true in the political world...collaboration and compromise tend to bring stability where discordant, "winner takes all" mentalities tend to destabilize.

A wise man once said "We can disagree without being disagreeable." I wish more politicians followed that mantra.

Damn, I wish more people thought like you. The problem is the extremes on all sides are becoming louder and people are becoming too polarized in a "my way or the highway" way.

Last edited:
From a purely strategic viewpoint, I know Putin stockpiled billions before the invasion, but does Russia really have the manpower and economic where-with-all to occupy Ukraine and fight a potentially stiff insurgency? Also, I am sure he would want to expand to other former Soviet territories, but does he possess the economic/military ability?

I don't think logic has played into his strategy this time. At least with Crimea if gave them a naval base. Ukraine has a lot of natural resources but i don't think its anything Russia does not already have. It comes down to the adage, "You can't expect an unreasonable man to be reasonable."

According to an official Ukrainian Government release, Antonov airfield has been recaptured from Russian paratroops that landed there last night. However, it's not clear whether fighting is continuing. I suspect this won't be the last we hear about this part of the fighting.

Please let this be true. Give em hell boys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back