"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Foreign companies seeking to exit Russia over the war in Ukraine face the prospect of a new law being passed in the coming weeks allowing Moscow to seize assets and impose criminal penalties. That has encouraged some businesses to accelerate their departure.

Vadim Zimin used to be a Colonel in the FSB (Federal Security Service). He left the FSB sometime in the last month or so, is currently employed in the FTC (Federal Customs Service), and is under investigation for taking bribes while at his job at the FTC. He was under house arrest at the time of the shooting.

whoops! RogerdeLiuria beat me to it.:)
Can I say thanks to you both

Foreign companies seeking to exit Russia over the war in Ukraine face the prospect of a new law being passed in the coming weeks allowing Moscow to seize assets and impose criminal penalties. That has encouraged some businesses to accelerate their departure.

The phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face" seems relevant here.

F-16's for ukraine? Who knows?
But at least somebody is fighting for that.

Just sent a message to my Congressman to express support for the act. Suggest others consider contacting their Congressman too.

Good on him. A note of fact though, one which my Ukrainian-Canadian wife would push. The man's name is Zelenskyy. There's two y's there.

Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelenskyy (Ukrainian: Володимир Олександрович Зеленський; Russian: Владимир Александрович Зеленский, romanized: Vladimir Aleksandrovich Zelenskyy,[a] born 25 January 1978), also transliterated as Zelensky or Zelenskiy,Volodymyr Zelenskyy - Wikipedia is a Ukrainian politician and former comedic actor[5] who has served as the 6th and current president of Ukraine since 2019.

It usually depends on how you want to translate his name - there is more than 1 translation convention.

It usually depends on how you want to translate his name - there is more than 1 translation convention.
When in doubt how to spell a leader's name, look to the official source. Here's the Ukrainian embassy in Canada.

Mind you, this article says that even Zelenskyy himself has changed its spelling a few times. So, you may have a good point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back