"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

About the boats for the coastal and inner waterways defence. Small force but it will be helpful in guarding the Danube delta area. All three unblocked Ukrainian ports are there.

"We'll destroy the entire group of enemy's space satellites during the first air operation,"
" Second...Third..."
"No enemy bomber can reach the Ruhr. If one reaches the Ruhr, my name is not Göring. You may call me Meyer."

About the boats for the coastal and inner waterways defence. Small force but it will be helpful in guarding the Danube delta area. All three unblocked Ukrainian ports are there.
I'm just wondering. How many ships has Russia lost in this land war?

No one is going to be bombing Moscow. If Ukraine does it the escalation will worry the US and NATO. NATO won't do it unless it's WW3 and it's with an ICBM, and then we're all dead.
Russia stated that in the event of escalation (referring to the blockade of Kaliningrad), they'll bomb London.
They didn't state whether it would be nukes or not, they just said they'll bomb it.

I'm going out on a limb here, but it seems to me that if Russia bombs London, the British aren't going to just sit there and wag their finger and issue a strongly worded message of disappointment...

I'm just wondering. How many ships has Russia lost in this land war?
Cruiser Moskva, SAR vessel Vasiliy Bekh, landing ship Saratov. 2-4 boats near Snake Island.
Two other landing ships were damaged alongside Saratov in the same operation.
At least one corvette was damaged by MLRS near Odessa in March and not seen until she was spotted in June in the Volga river on her way to the Baltic Sea.

Tangentially related:

While some Swedes on Gotland expressed hopes for negotiations and peace for everyone, guests at a Russian TV show discussed the occupation of their island - in December 2021.
Just look at their happy faces...

Pure speculation I know, but I see all this rhetoric from Russia as a positive sign, as it shows their insecurity. If a nation is positive and confident, they let their actions do the talking, which in turn build confidence in your own people and forces, while giving the opposition's concerns and fears room to develop and grow.
By exaggerating your threats to such an extreme level, people in your own area of control will start to recognise that what your saying, is rubbish. IN turn they will lose confidence in you, and its confidence which is critical in conflict

Yes, without a doubt. Look at upgrades. The -16 has continually been upgraded over its service life. I think the last upgrade for a -29 was around 2002? Also, consider the quality of the electronics suite.

BiffF15 BiffF15 is much better placed to answer this, but I'd put my money on an F-16 nine times out of ten, assuming equally-skilled pilots.
Here it goes.

First, the F-16A and the MiG-29A are a pretty close fight performance wise, with the Viper having better legs, better man machine interface (by a large margin) and better weapons.

The later block F-16s with big engines (GE F-110 or PW F100-229) have a large performance advantage over most of the late model MiG-29s.

Second the Russian Air Force has had a stressful relationship with the MiG-29, maintenance problems, suffering extended groundings, and of course lots of crashes. On top of that their upgrade programs have been sporadic, and not all encompassing (quite a few aircraft received little or no upgrades).

Third, and most importantly the average Russian fighter pilot gets substantially less flying training than his Western counterparts. Emphasis on substantial. Not only does he / she get less flying, the quality is also in my opinion, MUCH less.

Of note the Ukrainian fighter pilots have been training for years with the Western fighter pilots and are fully versed in our methodology. They are flying outdated Russian hardware and doing some great work in my opinion.

Also of note is the Russians are dropping iron bombs (non-smart or unguided weapons) from more "modern" equipment. Indicates lack of smart weapons stockpiled or lack of training on them. Or both. Resulting in modern, expensive aircraft that have to get close to hit their targets, exposing them to simple defenses that appear to be wreaking havoc among them.

To directly answer your question I would put money on the Western trained Viper pilot over either the Russian MiG or SU driver. I think we are seeing that the 800lb Gorilla weights 350lbs and has a bum leg.

They do however have a nuclear ace up their sleeve.

Cheers,
Biff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back