"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So far Germany has been the weakest link against Russia, barely contributing money
Hmmm...
  • €1.83 billion in bilateral aid since 2014
  • approx. €4 billion via the EU in the form of grants and loans since 2014.
  • €240 million via the EU in loans in 2022.
  • Loan of over €150 million via KfW in April 2022.
  • €425 million via the 'Stand Up For Ukraine' pledging campaign and an additional 70 million for medical aid via the EU
  • Over €1 billion additional military aid to Ukraine for weapons purchases in April 2022
  • Additional €1 billion pledged in the form of grants in May 2022

How old is that guy on the front rank, immediately to the left of the priest's elbow? He looks about 70....and not exactly in fighting trim!
Yep, this guy don't look like a warrior. Seems a rather odd recruit.

Volunteer? Criminal? Some one that goes in the place of someone else?

Is hard to belive that there aren't more able men to be called to arms.

Its about ensuring that Germany can't turn around and cut a deal with Russia. So far Germany has been the weakest link against Russia, barely contributing money to Ukraine and dragging their feet on giving weapons.

Ummmm, you might want to get your facts straight…

(I'm sure this is behind as its from Sept 8th)

From what I'm reading Ukraine is having the most success in the east offensive using fast wheeled vehicles rather than tanks, like the IVECO LAV III from Norway. With that in mind I wish Canada would send 30mm Bushmaster-armed GDC LAV3s to Ukraine.
"Hello... France......hello, France................hello, France..................I don't think anyone is there."
Memories of 1939.... Poland calls for help, France looks away. At least this time Britain is stepping up.

"Hello... France......hello, France................hello, France..................I don't think anyone is there."

All Germany has waffled on, is allowing their heavy armor to be used in Ukraine.

This could be political, this could be a reluctance to find the Leopard may have performance flaws, it could be anything, but to claim Germany hasn't provided aid is patiently false.

To assume/claim the U.S. is behind the Nord sabotage is absurd.
The majority of Europe is a client of Russian natural gas, yet some of the most dependant narions have provided considerable aid to Ukraine.

The U.S. is not geared toward natural gas exports like it is with oil, although it has pledged to assist Europe with as much LNG as it can.

The U.S. has literally nothing to lose or gain from the pipeline sabotage.

Stuttgart, eh? We used to play you in football & basketball- tough team. My teen stomping grounds was Frankfurt. FAHS 1957.

First off I want to make clear I do NOT think the US was involved, I just want to share perspective of others, particularly those who distrust the US. Read some of the comments in this thread. The president's previous comments do seem a bit damning and make for good anti-US propaganda:

Yeah...right. The US President tells the world almost 8 months ago that the US will shut down the Nord Stream pipeline if Russia invades Ukraine. Russia does precisely that and yet it's Russia that actually closes the pipeline....and only THEN does the US go in to blow it up, which they do covertly.

A few questions:

1. If the intent was to covertly blow up the pipeline, why announce it in February?

2. Since you announced it in February, why not claim responsibility now?

3. What does it benefit the US to blow up the pipeline now?

4. How does further weakening Germany's energy situation help achieve the goal of encouraging Berlin to be more supportive of Ukraine?

For #3, US attribution would further harm relations with Germany...and they've been rocky enough over the past 5 years. There isn't a financial justification because the US doesn't produce enough excess natural gas to supply Germany, let alone the other European nations who depended on Nord Stream, nor can the US readily get excess gas to Europe. Germany helped build Nord Stream and so, presumably, it could rebuild "son of Nord Stream" once the conflict is over, so there's no long-term gain for the US.

There are no benefits to the US but there are a whole HEAP of negative impacts if the story is leaked....and there would still be a lot of people in on the secret. You can't conduct a (presumably) military operation like that without bringing in a sizeable number of people. You have the team that executed the mission, the people that planned and commanded it, including decision-makers at senior levels with US European Command and their staff. Then there's the Sec Def and his staff, the President and his staff...that's a lot of people who are in on the conspiracy.

In sum, the entire idea that the US blew up Nord Stream is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread