"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No one is talking about what would happen if Russia used the one weapon it has used in the past without any comeback from the west, and that is Chemical Weapons. No doubt there would be a response, but I would be surprised if the smaller countries in the west or those less 'active' in the support of Ukraine such as France, fully took part
I did post about such in an article a week or two ago.

Thoughts on the M60 to Ukraine?

So, what changes now?

Every encirclement successfully completed by Ukraine not only liberates territory, it also traps Russian men and materiel, further diminishing Russia's military capability.

I think it was GrauGeist GrauGeist who wrote that Rommel and Patton would approve. I heartily agree with both of you: they are inside the flow, the Ukrainian Army. They're leaking into the seams and exerting force on the rear, which is a very efficient (if risky at times) way of exerting combat power.

Once you cut out the props, the table collapses. The Ukrainians are taking some risks, but aiming their blows wisely.

I think it was GrauGeist GrauGeist who wrote that Rommel and Patton would approve. I heartily agree with both of you: they are inside the flow, the Ukrainian Army. They're leaking into the seams and exerting force on the rear, which is a very efficient (if risky at times) way of exerting combat power.

Once you cut out the props, the table collapses. The Ukrainians are taking some risks, but aiming their blows wisely.
And a nod from Guderian, too.

Over the past seven months, the Ukraine military has gotten a feel both for Russia's ability and ineptitude, and are now exploiting what they've learned.

The water principle in combat is a calculated risk but pays handsomely when done properly.

Like I mentioned earlier, this war and Ukraine's offensive tactics in particular, will be textbook material in war colleges and academies when all is said and done.

From your supplied link:

Continued Russian attacks on U.S. or allied "soil or systems" merit a steady roll-back of appeasement-based policies crafted to reduce wider tensions and discourage Russian efforts to expand their invasion beyond Ukraine.

The carrots have failed and it is now time to try some sticks.

Rolling back Europe's informal commitment to keep Western-sourced tanks, aircraft, and other "offensive" weaponry out of Ukraine is a logical first step. Russia only cares about the battlefield if the Russian Army loses significant ground or faces a significant loss.

I think that cyber attacks on government or infrastructure should be regarded as an act of war, perhaps cause for shooting, perhaps cause for cyber-responses; but this treating them as nothing is crap.

Like I mentioned earlier, this war and Ukraine's offensive tactics in particular, will be textbook material in war colleges and academies when all is said and done.

Without a doubt. This invasion and the Ukrainian defense against it also shows that overwhelming numbers mean much less than intelligent deployment and -- most importantly -- the meaning of morale on the battlefield. But yes, Ukrainian tactics here will be studied going forward, particularly in Taiwan and the South China Sea.

And a nod from Guderian, too.

Over the past seven months, the Ukraine military has gotten a feel both for Russia's ability and ineptitude, and are now exploiting what they've learned.

The water principle in combat is a calculated risk but pays handsomely when done properly.

Of course we will all find flaws with the movie version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back