"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VISA and Mastercard blocking all sales (domestic and international) and ATM withdrawals from Russia.This could potentially have a huge impact. They are cutting into the ability of the people and their personal money supplies. Could hasten any descent…

That is why we have not engaged militarily. I guarantee you there is not a NATO country that does not want to do more. Hell, there is not an A-10 pilot not waking up with a chubby after dreaming of that 40 mile convoy.

Our response has been measured to what we can safely do without risking the lives of literally millions.

It really is not hard to understand.

Oh, I understand it. My emotional response to this catastrophe is to let loose my beloved Air Force over Ukraine and problem-solved ... except that like so many things in human experience, the solution can create problems much bigger than the original.

Which is why I adhere to reason as my problem-solving heuristic.

Oh, I understand it. My emotional response to this catastrophe is to let lose my beloved Air Force over Ukraine and problem-solved ... except that like so many things in human experience, the solution can create problems much bigger than the original.

Sorry, I was not clear. My response was not saying you don't understand. It was targeted at the people that don't seem to understand why we are not rolling tanks across the border and engaging the Russians. They are not looking at the entire situation, and only see a very narrow view of it. That is not meant as an insult to them, just they need to think of the entire situation.

Oh, I understand it. My emotional response to this catastrophe is to let lose my beloved Air Force over Ukraine and problem-solved ... except that like so many things in human experience, the solution can create problems much bigger than the original.

Very close to my emotional response as well. I never served. I have no children or grandchildren. I'm not responsible for large numbers of civilians or Government personnel. When the mushrooms start sprouting, so what? I've had my fun and my marriage sucks. Yeah, let's blow stuff up! Easier than divorce court.
As much as I would love to see Putin "desert stormed", it would be morally bankrupt of me to say "we should do it".

Interesting bit in The Atlantic today:

Russia's invasion of Ukraine looks like a horrific Cold War throwback. Once again, a strongman rules in Moscow, Russian tanks are rolling across borders, and a democratic nation is fighting for its survival, street by street, day by day, armed with little more than Molotov cocktails and a fierce belief in freedom. For all the talk of emerging technologies and new threats, the violence in Ukraine feels raw and low-tech, and the world suddenly looks old again.

And yet, amid all these echoes of the past, Russia's invasion has ushered in one development that is altogether new and could dramatically change geopolitics in the future: the real-time public disclosure of highly classified intelligence.

Never before has the United States government revealed so much, in such granular detail, so fast and so relentlessly about an adversary. Each day over the past several weeks seemed to bring new warnings. Not vague, "Russia may or may not be up to something" kind of warnings, but "Here's the satellite imagery showing up to 175,000 Russian troops in these specific locations near the border" kind of warnings. Even as Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed that he had no plans to invade and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky complained that the U.S. was hyping the threat and roiling his economy, the intelligence disclosures kept coming—detailing updated troop numbers and locations, invasion timetables, casualty estimates, and more. It felt like watching a hurricane barreling toward landfall.

What would you suggest?
Continue and increase shipments of MANPATS, MANPADS and other man portable weapons like mortars. Get them more Bayraktar TB-2 drones and any Ukraine-familiar strike aircraft along with their ordinance. Cancel any domestic legal restrictions to anyone wanting to join the ILTDU and facilitate their travel to Poland.

Is there something we can give the Ukrainians that can pinpoint and strike the launch points of these missiles hitting their civilians areas? Surely the West's satellites might have an idea?

Last edited:
Very close to my emotional response as well. I never served. I have no children or grandchildren. I'm not responsible for large numbers of civilians or Government personnel. When the mushrooms start sprouting, so what? I've had my fun and my marriage sucks. Yeah, let's blow stuff up! Easier than divorce court.
As much as I would love to see Putin "desert stormed", it would be morally bankrupt of me to say "we should do it".

Rob, serving in a branch, or not, or having a child, or not, doesn't change, hopefully, how we feel about our fellow humans. Having that emotional desire to gank the bastard is for me easily understood on an emotional level, but as you point out, on a moral and intellectual level it is bankrupt.

We all have skin in this game, every single one of us. Whether it's for our own skin or our sense of humanity, it's a difficult terrain to tread because no matter which way we wish to step, people will die.

The key is, to me, to set aside my own feelings and think about what this means for the world at large. My heart is with the Ukrainians, but what my feelings say would be worse for the world and humanity than what my rationality says.

Rob, serving in a branch, or not, or having a child, or not, doesn't change, hopefully, how we feel about our fellow humans. Having that emotional desire to gank the bastard is for me easily understood on an emotional level, but as you point out, on a moral and intellectual level it is bankrupt.

We all have skin in this game, every single one of us. Whether it's for our own skin or our sense of humanity, it's a difficult terrain to tread because no matter which way we wish to step, people will die.

The key is, to me, to set aside my own feelings and think about what this means for the world at large. My heart is with the Ukrainians, but what my feelings say would be worse for the world and humanity than what my rationality says.

47D44B44-5594-4EF3-A7DF-48D35AF7C78D.gif

From Twitter: "One of the last Su-34s (board number "24 red"), built in 2018 and part of the 2nd Guards Bomber Aviation Regiment of the 21st Mixed Aviation Division of the 14th Smolensk Red Banner Army of the Air Force and Air Defense of the Central Air Force"

View attachment 660279

View attachment 660280
Thise two pics are a perfect illustration of the poor state of Russian maintenance ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back