"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VISA and Mastercard blocking all sales (domestic and international) and ATM withdrawals from Russia.This could potentially have a huge impact. They are cutting into the ability of the people and their personal money supplies. Could hasten any descent…

Oh, I understand it. My emotional response to this catastrophe is to let loose my beloved Air Force over Ukraine and problem-solved ... except that like so many things in human experience, the solution can create problems much bigger than the original.

Which is why I adhere to reason as my problem-solving heuristic.

Sorry, I was not clear. My response was not saying you don't understand. It was targeted at the people that don't seem to understand why we are not rolling tanks across the border and engaging the Russians. They are not looking at the entire situation, and only see a very narrow view of it. That is not meant as an insult to them, just they need to think of the entire situation.

Very close to my emotional response as well. I never served. I have no children or grandchildren. I'm not responsible for large numbers of civilians or Government personnel. When the mushrooms start sprouting, so what? I've had my fun and my marriage sucks. Yeah, let's blow stuff up! Easier than divorce court.
As much as I would love to see Putin "desert stormed", it would be morally bankrupt of me to say "we should do it".

Interesting bit in The Atlantic today:

What would you suggest?
Continue and increase shipments of MANPATS, MANPADS and other man portable weapons like mortars. Get them more Bayraktar TB-2 drones and any Ukraine-familiar strike aircraft along with their ordinance. Cancel any domestic legal restrictions to anyone wanting to join the ILTDU and facilitate their travel to Poland.

Is there something we can give the Ukrainians that can pinpoint and strike the launch points of these missiles hitting their civilians areas? Surely the West's satellites might have an idea?

Last edited:

Rob, serving in a branch, or not, or having a child, or not, doesn't change, hopefully, how we feel about our fellow humans. Having that emotional desire to gank the bastard is for me easily understood on an emotional level, but as you point out, on a moral and intellectual level it is bankrupt.

We all have skin in this game, every single one of us. Whether it's for our own skin or our sense of humanity, it's a difficult terrain to tread because no matter which way we wish to step, people will die.

The key is, to me, to set aside my own feelings and think about what this means for the world at large. My heart is with the Ukrainians, but what my feelings say would be worse for the world and humanity than what my rationality says.

Thise two pics are a perfect illustration of the poor state of Russian maintenance ability.

Users who are viewing this thread