"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

@mantra22 , Shinpachi Shinpachi

Japanese have once captured China...
Given any chance, is this possible with modern Japanese army?

In other word, is Japanese army able to repeat history?

Japan didn't capture China. They did invade and control a good portion of it, but China never submitted, and Japan never controlled more than 20-25% of the mainland, if even that much.

Japan didn't capture China. They did invade and control a good portion of it, but China never submitted, and Japan never controlled more than 20-25% of the mainland, if even that much.
Today's Japan is nothing like that of imperial Japan. We needn't worry about Japanese expansionism. Though I wouldn't mind if Japan had been allowed to keep the Korean Peninsula and perhaps Formosa postwar.

Interestingly, the Japanese were never forcibly expelled from DEI. After Japan surrendered the war-torn government back in the Netherlands asked the IJA to remain in the DEI to maintain law and order until Dutch police and forces could be sent.

Last edited:
Today's Japan is nothing like that of imperial Japan. We needn't worry about Japanese expansionism. Though I wouldn't mind if Japan had been allowed to keep the Korean Peninsula and Taiwan postwar.

Oh, I'm not worried about Japanese expansionism. I'm glad they're our allies.

But after their reign of terror, especially in Korea, allowing them to keep those territories was out of the question in the post-war era, and rightly so in my opinion.

I doubt it because the costs would be too extreme: If a station like the ISS blew up it would produce so much debris that it would largely render space unusable for sometime.

This would be one of those things that would be too destructive for any one side to actually benefit: Any country that benefits from satellites would lose a lot.

@mantra22 , Shinpachi Shinpachi

Japanese have once captured China...
Given any chance, is this possible with modern Japanese army?

In other word, is Japanese army able to repeat history?
The point of the Japanese military buildup is not whether they could invade China; the point is that they are becomming strong enough to dissuade China from attacking them. A weak, defenseless Japan would be a sheep waiting for the wolf.

Wholly agreed. But war is business. If you can it's most profitably to sell to both sides. Like the Swedes and Spanish in WW2 - nearly everyone used their Bofers, Oerlikon and Hispano guns.
War certainly involves business, although invasions are frequently (always?) about seizing resources, be these land (Leibensraum, Manifest Destiny), slaves (well, Leibensraum, but, earlier, Rome, Viking raids, and many others), or other resources.

It may not have been just companies from neutral countries. Ford, GM, IBM, and others had German subsidiaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back