"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An unfortunate side effect from this is that civilians will continue to be victims of land mines for years to come after this war is over. It will take a very long time to clear up the country side.
For the immediate need of getting the new Leopard 2 and Challengers to the front, these armoured mine clearing vehicles will be useful.

Perhaps once the western MBTs arrive in sufficient numbers the captured T-62s and T-55 (including donated Slovenian M-55s) can be equipped with the KMT-5 mine clearing set-up.

full.jpg

Can we ALL please take NON-UKRAINE WAR political discussion elsewhere? Like maybe to your PM? Or to a forum more suited for that kind of discussion?

This is not at one single person, but to all of us.

If we cannot stick to the topic at hand, the Admin/Mod team will close this thread and it will remain closed. We can also revert back to the 100% absolutely no politics.

Please everyone, lets not ruin this…
There is an ignore button for very good reason. In certain cases, it's the best possible answer.

If was Putin, knowing that the UAF won't dare take one step into Russia, I would move all my forces to Crimea, and focus on defending the bridge and sea routes to ensure its resupply. Turn Crimea into the fortress it once was. In the meantime tell every LPR and DPR supporting separatist to evacuate to Russia or Crimea pronto. If Putin can hold Crimea and then declare an unilateral armistice he can spin a victory story for the masses. Will it work? IDK, but he can't keep this up for another year.

Agreed. Though I think the likely innovative, high tech cleanup of this war may benefit past conflict zones where mines have sat for decades. The Demining - Wikipedia technology is advancing, but it needs wealthy, first world backers. An EU-applicant and NATO favourite Ukraine will fit the bill.

In addition to a decades-long neutered Russia another benefit of this war by the 2030s may be mine clearing in Latin America, SEA and sub-Saharan Africa.

There was an article around xmas time about a Ukrainian schoolboy who had developed a small working mine detector. Unfortunately I did not bookmark it

Interesting, this is the only news source I can find. Claims they were in Polish airspace. That would be an act of aggression.

Are Dutch news sources reporting it as well, Marcel Marcel ?

Where the Russians in Polish airspace, or just approaching it?

If they intercepted it, I would assume they were in Polish airspace.

Just appoching it, Chris. They took off from Kaliningrad flying over the Baltic Sea near the Polish airspace over the territorial sea. So no flying from Poland. The Dutch F35s are stationed in Poland at one of our airbase. Russiand have been doing that regulary just provoking our fighters to take off just in case.

Just appoching it, Chris. They took off from Kaliningrad and flied over the Baltic Sea near the Polish airspace over the territorial sea. So no flying from Poland. The Dutch F35s are stationed in Poland at one of our airbase. Russiand have been doing that regulary just provoking our fighters to take off just in case.

Yeah that is standard operating procedure for the Russians. Going all the way back to the Soviet days.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back