"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WEST OF SOLEDAR, Ukraine, March 23 (Reuters) - Ukrainian troops, on the defensive for four months, will launch a long-awaited counterassault "very soon" now that Russia's huge winter offensive is losing steam without taking Bakhmut, Ukraine's top ground forces commander said on Thursday.
My guess, based on this openness of plans is that the Ukrainian counteroffensive will lead off at anywhere BUT at Bakhmut.

Last edited:
If it was me, I'd be attacking southward out of Zaporizhzhia. Aim would be to create a rupture towards Melitopol, with the option of continuing south and sealing off the land bridge between the Dnipro and Sea of Azov, hooking West towards Kherson or heading East towards Mariupol.

Zaporizhzhia is served by three major rail lines and two major highways for supply, while Russian forces have much longer ground lines of communication. Russia also has constrained supply lines - just a single main direct rail line and one indirect (via Crimea), along with one major highway for supply.

The ground to the south is relatively flat and open, and I suspect Western MBTs (and their better thermal/sights compared to most Russian MBTs) would have an advantage in such terrain.

Anyway, good luck to Putin trying to visit Hungary.
The only way to get there without flying over an ICC country is ...... (yes you know it) ...... flying over Ukraine. :rofl:
Perhaps Orban is just posturing to his master knowing full well Putin ain't going anywhere.

It's a big front. Ukraine will attack where opportunity presents itself. This will force Russian forces to redeploy to that area. Not a capability the Russians do well. Then the UFA will strike elsewhere. I've read and agree with all comments about where Ukraine will move. It is in what order that the UFA will keep everyone guessing.

Last edited:
My guess, based on this openness of plans is that the Ukrainian counteroffensive will lead off at anywhere BUT at Bakhmut.
Do you really expect Ukraine to adhere to their long established pattern of "threaten here, attack there"? C'mon, you wouldn't want them to act predictably now, would you? Just think, if the offensive that rolled all the way to the Black Sea were to start by overrunning the Russians in Bakhmut, wouldn't that put a twist in Putler's knickers?

Last edited:
1679622765252.png

The main mission of both is not tank engagement.
The Bradley is an IFV in its M2 form and a recon vehicle if a M3 CFV variant.
The AMX 10 RC is a recon vehicle.
Both would be in serious trouble if used in duration form against tanks.
On the other end, the M2 is perfect to taxi infantry used with tank support and the M3 and AMX 10 RC niche is reconnaissance in force.
I totally agree with you, but if push comes to shove and they found themselves against a T62 or T55 then they would be more than capable of holding their own. I believe this happened a number of time in Iraq

Given what seems to be the state of Russian training the bushmaster would probably be effective against more modern armour. Not penetrating it but causing the crew to panic as heavy shells start bouncing of the outside and either abandoning the tank or driving into a ditch, or even just bugging out and leaving the infantry in the lurch.

Given what seems to be the state of Russian training the bushmaster would probably be effective against more modern armour. Not penetrating it but causing the crew to panic as heavy shells start bouncing of the outside and either abandoning the tank or driving into a ditch, or even just bugging out and leaving the infantry in the lurch.
Nahh, they will just turn the tank around to show the side and rear of the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back