"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (13 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May 3 (Reuters) - Russia accused Ukraine on Wednesday of attacking the Kremlin with drones overnight in a failed attempt to kill President Vladimir Putin.
Too bad they didn't succeed... I just hope this isn't used by other nations to implement cynical policies to protect themselves from the public will.

Regardless, I wonder if Putin has some kind of dead-hand switch, I'm not talking about Perimeter but something that would ensure some sort of disaster if he were killed.

Too bad they didn't succeed... I just hope this isn't used by other nations to implement cynical policies to protect themselves from the public will.

As noted above, I agree with SaparotRob SaparotRob that this was not a Ukrainian operation.

Regardless, I wonder if Putin has some kind of dead-hand switch, I'm not talking about Perimeter but something that would ensure some sort of disaster if he were killed.

Consider that any such option would still rely upon people ... and on Putin's demise, I'd be willing to bet those folks will be struggling for internal power.

Those who think that #PS752 was a missile, think that Ukraine is responsible! But Nationalists, are sure that it is nothing more than a show by Russia.

Last edited:
Aha! Somebody tried to set fire to the Reichstag again:

Putin has absolutely no moral standing to complain about Ukraine trying to bomb Moscow (an allegation I think is entirely false); he ceded that piece of ground as soon as Russian missiles struck Ukraine. He surrendered any claim to moral standing when Russian missiles hit Kyiv. If he's claiming an act of terrorism or an assassination attempt, well, it's not the former; Putin is a legitimate military target. As for assassination? The Kremlin surrendered, burned, and nuked that moral high ground with polonium. If it had succeeded, well, Vladimar Vladimirovich, the terms include "hoisted by one's own petard" and "poetic justice."

About their brains contents:

Once again, it pays to read history books, even if it's only a child's picture book.

A "mega volcano" does not just affect a continent, it creates a global disaster.

And if Yellowstone (or California's Long Valley Caldera) erupts, Siberia will be one of the last places a person would want to seek refuge as the "nuclear winter" sets in.

Last edited:
Once again, it pays to read history books, even if it's inly a child's picture book.

A "mega volcano" does not just affect a continent, it creates a global disaster.

And if Yellowstone (or California's Long Valley Caldera) erupts, Siberia will be o e of the last places a person would want to seek refuge as the "nuclear winter" sets in.

I agree.

There is a good book on Krakatoa (https://www.amazon.com.au/Krakatoa-World-Exploded-August-1883/dp/0066212855/ref=sr_1_8?crid=Y0Z9IBSMTC0W&keywords=simon+winchester+books&qid=1683154135&sprefix=WINCHESTER+SIMON,aps,302&sr=8-8) and how it blows up every four hundred years or so and how it darkened the sky's of Europe the last time around. The tidal wave it caused was measured as far away as Paris.

I read the book about 15-20 years back and found it interesting that Anak Krakatoa was growing higher by five inches per month at that time. According to Wiki On 29 December 1927, Anak Krakatoa first emerged from the caldera formed in 1883 by the explosive volcanic eruption that destroyed the island of Krakatoa. Current elevation 155 m (508.53 ft) but they do not say when that elevation was recorded. 500+feet in under 100 years is impressive and suggests that the 5 inches per month is close to the long term average.

Mount St Helens was also growing prior to it popping its top but as far as I know there is no movement in Yellowstone or California's Long Caldera at present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back