"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Tu-95 at the upper-right in the top picture is not looking too good either. Both outer wing sections missing and sitting low on the starboard side. The outer wing sections look torn off, with burn marks on the left wing at least.

Nice vid on the Czech updates to the T-72. Check out the conditions the tanks start in when received at 1:45. They mention the tanks are being bought from around the world, which suggests someone is scouring Africa, the Middle East and maybe India for old T-72s.

I wonder if any of the captured T-72 from Russia are sent to this facility. I can just imagine some low level NATO clerk assigned to reading through the AFV for sale ads.

Last edited:
The Tu-95 at the upper-right in the top picture is not looking too good either. Both outer wing sections missing and sitting low on the starboard side. The outer wing sections look torn off, with burn marks on the left wing at least.
It looks to me like it's been used for parts. Aren't the scorch marks years of oil leaks and start up marks?

I agree it looks like it is being used for parts to me (the one on the upper right) it is also missing at least 3 of 4 engines IMO

"Army Secretary Christine Wormuth separately told reporters that the U.S. will go from making 14,000 155mm shells each month to 20,000 by the spring and 40,000 by 2025."...
"We are in a position to support Ukraine, but it's more the mid and long term," Bush said. "By creating this capacity ... if this war goes three or four years, we'll be in a position to just vastly outproduce the Russians all by ourselves ― and if you combine that with our allies, then we're just dwarfing their capability. They won't be able to keep up."

The same plane's vert stab looks like it stopped something too. Left outer wing section shows signs of violent removal, as you note.

"Army Secretary Christine Wormuth separately told reporters that the U.S. will go from making 14,000 155mm shells each month to 20,000 by the spring and 40,000 by 2025."...
Aren't the Ukrainians firing 10,000 shells a week? While much better than the Euros or us inept Canadians, but what war was the US planning to fight at these paltry outputs?

A "relatively large" percentage of the 155mm rounds being contracted/produced now are of the various PGM types. One company I am familiar with has just been issued a contract for components needed for 100,000x 155mm PGM type rounds. These rounds are considered to be anywhere from 3x to 20x as effective as unguided rounds in most situations. The latest numbers I have seen say that <2% of the 155mm rounds supplied to Ukraine to date have been PGM types.

Also, the US is currently in the process of purchasing ~100,000x 155mm unguided projectiles from South Korea.

Last edited:
TSMC is already making 5nm chips which puts them ahead of the pack. They will be going to 3 and then 2 over the next few years.

They are already completing a factory in Arizona and have started on another 12 billion dollar premises as well.

Qualcomm, Nvidia, and Apple will be the main customers which will suit the US nicely as these companies are
far and away the worlds leading chip designers.

Design technology is the US strength in this as the manufacturers of semi conductors only fabricate what they are
given. US designers have the best. A good combination which also lowers the threat to any disruption in Taiwan itself would pose.

KYIV, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Russia's ally Belarus said on Wednesday it was moving troops and military hardware to counteract what it called a threat of terrorism, amid signs Moscow could be putting pressure on its loyal client to open a new front in the war against Ukraine.

President Alexander Lukashenko, who relied on Russian troops to put down a popular revolt two years ago, has allowed Belarus to serve as a staging ground for Russia's invasion of their neighbour, but has so far kept his own army from joining it.

But recent weeks have seen increasing signs of involvement in Belarus from Moscow, culminating on Saturday when Russia's Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu flew unannounced to the capital Minsk. He and Belarusian counterpart Viktor Khrenin signed ammendments to the two countries' security cooperation agreement, without disclosing the new terms.

Thousands of Russian troops have been deployed in Belarus since October, Ukraine says, and Belarus authorities have increasingly spoken of a threat of "terrorism" from partisans operating from across the border. Lukashenko has ordered his military to compile information about reservists by the end of this year.

I think this is just an effort to spread the Ukrainians thin by tying down some forces in the north. Lukashenko would be deposed if he enters the war.

KYIV, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Russia's ally Belarus said on Wednesday it was moving troops and military hardware to counteract what it called a threat of terrorism, amid signs Moscow could be putting pressure on its loyal client to open a new front in the war against Ukraine.
This reminds me of when Hitler pressed Mussolini to declare war on Russia and send troops. The ARMIR did not do well at all, getting massacred. By the time Italy withdrew from Russia in 1943 they'd lost 114,520 of the original 235,000 soldiers, including their general, Paolo Tarnassi.

Belarus will do no better, and would be smarter to just wait this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back