"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (13 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

14 Challengers, 30 Abrams, 100 Leopard 2s. This is one hodgepodge army. At least the latter two use the same ammunition.

And from two days ago, France is still considering sending Leclercs. Might as well throw in some Arietes from Italy?

So no different from the hedge podge in GWI, GWII and would have fought the Fantasian Army as it poured across the Inner German Border in 1985

Last edited:
Finally, the Battle of the Fulda Gap.
Might want some of these there too to pop of anti tank missiles...

q-17.jpg

Attachments

• 1674594161685.jpeg
    1674594161685.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
So no different from the hedge podge in GWI, GWII and would have fought the Fantasian Army as it poured across the Inner German Border in 1985
IDK, was one single combatant expected to run tanks and AFVs from multiple countries? What you're more describing is the pan-national response to the Boxer Rebellion and the siege of Peking, where the Eight-Nation Alliance - Wikipedia fought shoulder to shoulder against the Chinese. But everyone used their own kit.

The difference here is that one nation alone will field tanks and AFVs from a multitude of nations. It's a rare thing.

IDK, was one single combatant expected to run tanks and AFVs from multiple countries? What you're more describing is the pan-national response to the Boxer Rebellion and the siege of Peking, where the Eight-Nation Alliance - Wikipedia fought shoulder to shoulder against the Chinese. But everyone used their own kit.

The difference here is that one nation alone will field tanks and AFVs from a multitude of nations. It's a rare thing.
Ever look at what the Finnish Air Force fought the Soviets with?

I think it's worth remembering that the Israeli Army have used all sorts of combinations in action at the same time, and they did OK.

Personally I would be tempted to use the Challengers to support the forces facing Belarus. They don't have much of an army and the Challengers would be a real threat. To mix them with the Leopard or M1 would only confuse the logistic issues.

Group the Leopards and M1's into two differing operating areas.

To be honest I almost (note almost) feel sorry for the Russian tankers equipped with the T62

To be honest I almost (note almost) feel sorry for the Russian tankers equipped with the T62
The Russians know what's coming. They'll hold their old T-62s for other roles and concentrate their Kornet and Khrizantema ATGM teams (both capable of killing modern MBTs) along with their best T-90 tanks to where the limited number of Leopards, Challengers and Abrams may be focused.

I think even the most loyal commentator on Russian state TV will be asking where are the vaulted T-14 Armatas?

Last edited:
From ABC Australia - as part of the "news" summary at Proposal to combine Fox and News Corp scrapped, Germany to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine, and Oscar nominations drop. Catch up with The Loop

Germany to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine

3h ago
By Felicity Ripper
lcimg-3dceefc9-ebc5-4889-87cd-1ad4ffa40fb1.jpg

Key Event
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has decided to send Leopard 2 battle tanks to Ukraine and allow other countries such as Poland to do so.
lcimg-239e87f2-87c9-4e9a-91b7-a5ac82662cad.jpg
Germany will send Leopard tanks to Kyiv.(Reuters: Radovan Stoklasa/File)
The decision concerns at least one company of Leopard 2 A6 tanks that will be provided out of Bundeswehr stocks, said Spiegel magazine, which first reported the news.
One company usually comprises 14 tanks.
"Today the Chancellor made a decision that no one took lightly. The fact that Germany will support Ukraine with the Leopard tank is a strong sign of solidarity," Christian Duerr, parliamentary leader of the co-governing Free Democrats was quoted as saying by t-online news portal.
Other allies, such as Scandinavia, intend to go along with Germany in supplying their Leopard tanks to Kyiv, the magazine reported.
US officials told Reuters that Washington may soon drop its opposition to sending Abrams tanks to Ukraine, in a move intended to encourage Germany to follow.

Ukraine, like pretty much every Slavic nation has a big issue with corruption. Controlling it is a prerequisite for EU membership, and leading Poland to make strives in this effort, Corruption in Poland - Wikipedia.

View attachment 703748

I'd like to hope that things have improved in the five years since the above report was published. Kudos to Zelensky for taking this on - his hands are already full.

According to the 2021 figures, Ukraine has moved up 9 places on the CPI since 2016 (131 to 122). By comparison, Russia has gone from 131 down to 136 over the same time period.

Corruption is hard to weed out but it seems pretty clear to me that Ukraine was making strides in the right direction prior to the Russian invasion.

I mentioned earlier that Tymoshenko and others were taking a lead in fighting corruption even before 2014.

Of course, when Ukraine cleaned house of the Kremlin puppets in 2014, Vlad the inhaler had to come to the rescue.

Rooting out Russian mafia, corrupt civil service persons and such, is not an easy task for Ukraine or any other Eastern Bloc nation that suffered under Soviet rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back