"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shake up in Zelenskyy's cabinet.

As long as the replacements are competent and can quickly get up to speed on their new files, such shakeups can be a good means to spread expertise and avoid fiefdoms; even among good, non-corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It almost was…
Not meant to be political, but historical - POTUS45 and the circus over NATO spending, Hunter's briefcase, etc. gave Putin such a false or shortlived impression of the alliance and the US' interest and resolve. It reminds me of when U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie told Saddam, "We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait." Thirty-three years later, look how the butterflies of GW1 changed the world. I wonder what doors in future history Putin's invasion of Ukraine will open and close.

Last edited:
Shake up in Zelenskyy's cabinet.

As long as the replacements are competent and can quickly get up to speed on their new files, such shakeups can be a good means to spread expertise and avoid fiefdoms; even among good, non-corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.
Disturbing change but I note he has been moved sideways in essence.

A bit of reporting a week ago re the new Defence Minister:

Not meant to be political, but historical - POTUS45 and the circus over NATO spending, Hunter's briefcase, etc. gave Putin such a false or shortlived impression of the alliance and the US' interest and resolve. It reminds me of when U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie told Saddam, "We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait." Thirty-three years later, look how the butterflies of GW1 changed the world. I wonder what doors in future history Putin's invasion of Ukraine will open and close.

Agreed. I think it emboldened Putin.

I don't think many realize hiw close NATO was to falling apart. The Ukraine invasion reversed that course.

An alliance without an existential threat is pretty shaky. Putin reminded them/us what it's purpose is.
My hope is that this will push Canada to invest sufficiently to be worthy of joining AUKUS. That alliance will be more important than ever into the 2030s once a strong Poland and Ukraine have a ruined Russia in check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back