"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is a testament to how effective Putin's policies to make the Russians as apathetic as possible. The losses from their war in Afghanistan was a big factor in the collapse of the Soviet Union. Losses in Ukraine are far worse.

ANKARA, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Monday submitted a bill approving Sweden's NATO membership bid to parliament for ratification, the presidency said, in a move welcomed by Stockholm that clears the way for it to join the Western defence alliance.

Erdogan pleased his NATO allies at a summit in July by promising to send the legislation to parliament when it reopened on Oct. 1, having previously raised objections over Sweden's alleged harbouring of terrorists.

Since parliament reopened, however, Turkish officials have repeatedly said Stockholm needed to take more concrete steps to clamp down on the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) militia before Ankara could ratify its membership bid. The PKK is deemed a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the European Union and the United States.

On Monday the bill on approving Sweden finally moved forward.

"The Protocol on Sweden's NATO Accession was signed by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on October 23, 2023 and referred to the Grand National Assembly of Turkey," the presidency said on social media platform X without elaborating.

That is what I found:
"Russian premier Vladimir Putin suffered a "cardiac arrest" on Sunday evening according to a statement posted on a Telegram channel which regularly says the war-mongering leader is terminally ill."
There are many examples of the inner guard executing their master when the man's failed in some fashion.

Edit, retracted.

Last edited:
There are many examples of the inner guard executing their master when the man's failed in some fashion.

Edit, retracted.

Well I saw a story that he's been on life support for months and his public appearances are body doubles.
Then again, I also read that about the Pope.

I think if any of them are captured, the easiest thing that can await them in Russia is execution. And each of them knows this.
But nonetheless: "I think this will help the empire to collapse, the prison to be destroyed..."

There are reports coming in that Ukraine lost control over the artifical hill in avdiivka. Not good if that's true.
The perception of the Russian high command, officers and soldiers as incompetent plays to their advantage as it lowers expectations. Meanwhile, it's been eight months since Ukraine's famed spring 2023 offensive, where the Western kit was going to smash through the Russians. Instead, we're seeing the Russians continue their offensive into Avdiivka to possibly create a repeat of Bahkmut, and Ukrainian vbloggers settling for celebratory vids about a few km gains in Zaporizhzhia Oblast and a river crossing in Kherson.

Hopefully we'll see Ukraine continue to upgrade over the winter and in 2024 gain control over the air with their F-16s and make more significant gains. I wonder if the new NATO member Finland is helping the Ukrainians with winter warfare tech and ideas. The Ukrainians need the kit to breach the minefields and the hold back the Russian air force, drones and artillery that would stop any de-mining or breakthrough attempts.

As it stands, to my civilian mind, Russia is winning. They're holding back or at least slowing the large, top priority AFU effort in Zaporizhzhia Oblast and gaining in the Donetsk Oblast. While seemingly huge to our Western eyes, Russian losses in men over after nearly two years of the war equal fewer than a fortnight's losses in 1941-45. Meanwhile, Russian oil flows into India, China and elsewhere, and Biden and the now dysfunctional US Congress are distracted by Israel. My hope is that perception of the war is not reality, and that once through the static defences the AFU will smash through to Tokmak and Melitipol, and that the crossings of the Dnipro River will grow into significant gains. But it's early days, and today, Russia is winning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back