"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems appropriate

2A01D1A1-B238-48DC-B7DF-6374C58CAF31.jpeg

Can't believe GTX GTX didn't post this already. He must be sleeping.
Paywall free: https://archive.is/IBAdF

I encourage every poster here to use www.archive.is to post their media articles, as most of us will not be able to access MSM, especially from foreign services. Not many European, American or Australian members here would have an subscription to Canada's Globe and Mail, for example.

Last edited:
''...We've been pretty consistent throughout saying that one of the key systems on the battlefield is air defense," Austin said. "We will continue to push to get them the air defense systems and the interceptors that they need to protect their territory. It's the second largest country in Europe, and so a big space to protect, a lot of cities and populated areas that they need to protect...''

''...The American defense chief said the visit would broadly allow him to talk to Ukrainian leaders about "refining their tactical and operational goals and objectives to sync up with the president's strategic objectives...''

''...One subject will be about how Ukraine can use its resources against the Russian military's larger mass to have a concentrated effect...''

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — The prominent American journalist and historian Anne Applebaum urged continued support for Ukraine as she accepted a prestigious German prize on Sunday, arguing that pacifism in the face of aggression is often nothing more than appeasement.

Applebaum made her appeal to an audience in Frankfurt, where she was awarded the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade. She was joined by her husband, Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski, who like his wife is a strong voice on the international stage for supporting Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia's brutal invasion.

"If there is even a small chance that military defeat could help end this horrific cult of violence in Russia, just as military defeat once brought an end to the cult of violence in Germany, we should take it," Applebaum said.

Many Germans have embraced an ethos of pacifism as a result of their nation's aggression under Adolf Hitler during World War II. And many have misgivings now about supplying weapons to Kyiv, fearing Russia and worried that it could cause the war to spread beyond Ukraine's borders to the rest of Europe.

"Some even call for peace by referring solemnly to the 'lessons of German history," Applebaum noted, according to a transcript of her speech published by the prize organization.

"As I am here today accepting a peace prize, this seems the right moment to point out that 'I want peace' is not always a moral argument," Applebaum said. "This is also the right moment to say that the lesson of German history is not that Germans should be pacifists."

"On the contrary, we have known for nearly a century that a demand for pacifism in the face of an aggressive, advancing dictatorship can simply represent the appeasement and acceptance of that dictatorship."

She argued that the "real lesson" from German history should be that Germans "have a special responsibility to stand up for freedom and to take risks in doing so."

On 7 June 2024, South Korea retired its fleet of F-4E Phantom II aircraft so those going to Ukraine to become long range suicide drones would do wonders.

And SK has 13 fighter wings/groups. One or two wings of airframes (eg: F-15, F-16 and FA-50) complete with airframe drivers would be even better. I am sure their FA-50 is designed to carry US/NATO hardware and that would be a great opportunity for the SK team to prove their machinery in service and sell to those countries that now need to replace their Russian airframes

''...the government and military of South Korea "are reviewing a plan to send an appropriate number of personnel, including intelligence officers [specialized in North Korea] and experts in enemy tactics," to Ukraine, citing a South Korean intelligence official.

South Korean personnel in Ukraine would interrogate or provide interpretation services if North Korean soldiers were captured by Ukrainian forces, the report said. They would also provide Kyiv with information about the North's military tactics, doctrine, and operations.

The Defense Ministry of the South said at a press briefing later on Monday that it will review measures with "an open attitude" regarding possible supply of lethal weapons to Ukraine
...''

As I had mentioned earlier, Russia bringing North Korean regulars into the conflict will open the door for other nations to do the same and it appears that South Korea, who has a vested interest in this latest move, will be their Huckleberry.

And they are not NATO but have integrated their equipment with NATO specs, such as their fighters and their wicked K-2 tank.

Russia has been threatening to escelate the conflict and it looks like it's about to happen, except I don't think this is how Moscow imagined it.

As I had mentioned earlier, Russia bringing North Korean regulars into the conflict will open the door for other nations to do the same and it appears that South Korea, who has a vested interest in this latest move, will be their Huckleberry.

And they are not NATO but have integrated their equipment with NATO specs, such as their fighters and their wicked K-2 tank.

Russia has been threatening to escelate the conflict and it looks like it's about to happen, except I don't think this is how Moscow imagined it.

"Be careful what you wish for -- you just might get it" comes to mind.

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — The prominent American journalist and historian Anne Applebaum urged continued support for Ukraine as she accepted a prestigious German prize on Sunday, arguing that pacifism in the face of aggression is often nothing more than appeasement.

Applebaum made her appeal to an audience in Frankfurt, where she was awarded the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade. She was joined by her husband, Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski, who like his wife is a strong voice on the international stage for supporting Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia's brutal invasion.

"If there is even a small chance that military defeat could help end this horrific cult of violence in Russia, just as military defeat once brought an end to the cult of violence in Germany, we should take it," Applebaum said.

Many Germans have embraced an ethos of pacifism as a result of their nation's aggression under Adolf Hitler during World War II. And many have misgivings now about supplying weapons to Kyiv, fearing Russia and worried that it could cause the war to spread beyond Ukraine's borders to the rest of Europe.

"Some even call for peace by referring solemnly to the 'lessons of German history," Applebaum noted, according to a transcript of her speech published by the prize organization.

"As I am here today accepting a peace prize, this seems the right moment to point out that 'I want peace' is not always a moral argument," Applebaum said. "This is also the right moment to say that the lesson of German history is not that Germans should be pacifists."

"On the contrary, we have known for nearly a century that a demand for pacifism in the face of an aggressive, advancing dictatorship can simply represent the appeasement and acceptance of that dictatorship."

She argued that the "real lesson" from German history should be that Germans "have a special responsibility to stand up for freedom and to take risks in doing so."

Anne is brilliant. I really enjoy both were writings and when she appears in videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back