AND IN THIS CORNER: The Barrett M468...... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are correct, no overflying France. As a matter of fact, no emergency landings either. A couple of guys made an emergency landing in Spain as the French wouldn't allow it. The F-111 that did not make it back, with Paul Lawrence and Fernando Ribas-Dominici were NOT shot down as some have reported. I personally knew the guy who led the raid, I flew with him for a check ride once and he saw what happened. As far as I know, he still wants his name confidential and I will honor that. He saw them turn to avoid a SAM and their wingtip hit a wavetop in the Gulf of Sitre. He saw them cartwheel across the top of the water as the plane broke up and exploded.
I remember my dad telling me about that Operartion! He said,
"The damn French wouldn't even let our Air Force fly over. We had to go around the whole damn country!

Thanks for the clarification, Eric. It seems I better watch my sources when I read more about the operation. If I have a lot of questions I'll start a new thread.

Well first off the French were never fully invaded in WW1 and they fought to theyre dying breath in that one, during WW2 Im not sure it could be doctored with advanced digital technology, but Im pretty sure that the film footage showed All of Paris shaving theyre armpits for us,

anyway after all the years of stereotypes and being branded a bunch of cowards, they made Dioxine look like a nice treat.

The French didn't surrender, their government did to prevent the destruction of towns and villages like what happened at the start of the First World War....there was massive killings and rapes by the German Army against French civilians....

Yeah ...the French didn't surrender, they just signed an armistice on June 22nd 1940 ...that's all.

They fought, they lost, game over.

P38 Pilot said:
French. Even after we liberated them twice from Germany in WWI and WWII, they still dont give us respect or gratitude.

As was stated The French did not surrendure in WW1 infact they were fighting on for 3 years before the US even entered the war and the US did not really save France in WW1.

Yeah, well i still think they treat us unfair. They could be a little bit more thankful instead of a bunch of cocky asses who like sticky their noses up in the air walking around saying, "Screw zie Americans! Viva le France!

In the words of an accomplished comedian

"what you dont like me cuz I french? fuck you American's, Oh you dont like me because I smoke a cigarette like a woman?fuck you American's, what you dont it when I give a baby a puff of my cigarette? Fuck You Americans, Fuck You all, just a second, Whats this? The Germans are coming!!!!!!!! Oh Heeeellllllloooooo Americans!!!!!! welcome to France, here have some wine"

P38 Pilot said:
Yeah, well i still think they treat us unfair. They could be a little bit more thankful instead of a bunch of cocky asses who like sticky their noses up in the air walking around saying, "Screw zie Americans! Viva le France!

Life is not fair, get used to it!

"what you dont like me cuz I french? fu*k you American's, Oh you dont like me because I smoke a cigarette like a woman?fu*k you American's, what you dont it when I give a baby a puff of my cigarette? fu*k You Americans, fu*k You all, just a second, Whats this? The Germans are coming!!!!!!!! Oh Heeeellllllloooooo Americans!!!!!! welcome to France, here have some wine"
That sounds just like a damn Frenchy! My grandpa had a freind who fought in North Africa to Italy to D-Day and beyond. When they arrived in N.Africa, they attacked a fortifcation that they thought the Germans were guarding. Turns out it was the Vichy French! Just as they started moving in, they shot one of their guys. They opened fire and in 5 seconds, the French raised up their arms and said, "Viva le France!" Bastards....

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Would not surprise me since the gun is already so adaptable.
What's this? An Army member calling a rifle a gun? :shock:
Drop and give me 100!

;)

I wouldn't be too surprised either if the M468 did in fact beat out the XM-8, since it's based directly on an existing rifle that's much simpler. :-k
Hmmm, I guess we'll see, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back