another day riding . . . .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
probably one of the most bitchin classic rides in the US of A.

we had about 20 in our group and a nice 75F day, too many cars in the Park but that is normal for this time of year. didn't know till I got home there was a pro team photographer up on the rim taking snaps

first pic I'm off the pic to the right, the guy next to me is a hot mtn biker .............. we are about 6,000ft opposite Crater Lake Lodge looking towards Wizard island.

313364_270544509623650_100000043093076_1102469_1464639_n.jpg

well I got snapped running down over 40mph on one of the many descents

321147_2028024700107_1228763142_32008479_334184_n.jpg

will admit the descents are thrilling at over 50mph but on the east side of the lake due to heavy snows, avalanches, there is an abundance of heavy stone/rock fall in the road as well as deep cuts and pot holes; hit any one of these and you are dead-meat .........

hope to head back after first frost in late September early October, after labor day folk are back to work tourist season is bye bye. but being at the altitude snow can come anytime and it may be an early fall in my parts.....

thanks guys did 50mph off the back-east side but alot of scary rocks on the road and deep cuts/ruts. will admit what I was doing was plain frickin stupidas i could of easily been one with the road. Today the whole lake and hills are socked in with heavy wet mist and cloud, glad we did the ride when we did.

just got off the bike after 37 miles outside of my little Berg clouds almost down to the ground in spots, the marine layer came in from the north about 2 hours ago.

hey N get on that Huffy and Ride ! wet or not . . . .

sounds to me Bud when the waters recede the two of you need a nice 25 miler with picnic basket in hand.

get out and RIDE ~

Njaco if you have to drive out of town aways just to get to good rural roads then do it. I am blessed as we just have to head out not even 5 miles and we are in the country; the real problems at the knot-head drivers who feel we should not be on the roads at all.

the Scythe cost me and I did get a fantastic discount on it two years ago the price now would be around 6500.00 plus +

CR@P!!!! Well, I'm in the same place as fields and farm are only minutes away. She just can't lug the purple beast about. But I'm hooking up with a friend who rides by himself and we may team up. Mind you this is sight-seeing and not at a Contador pace. :)

just take it easy and start slowly. if you rip it up she will hate you forever.................. get a good county map if available and use it to plan out your route(s). Flat at first before you encounter rollers if that is possible.

well as you mature/get stronger lengthen out the rides, connect town with town and the next thing you'll know you will be in New York. hit up your local bike shop for good routes of all calibers, energy foods to take, etc. a good pair of cycling shorts even on a broad saddle is a must. it will be up to you whether you want to wear a speedo or not . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back