Anti Aircraft Weapons....

I dont know the exact figure but must be A LOT :)
 
Hi Parsifal,

Well, I think the real question is - what conclusions do you draw from the evidence you presented?

Maybe it's just that the "total Flak collapse" (inexact quote) gave me wrong ideas about what you actually meant to convey.

The total sortie loss ratio for 8th Air Force bombers appears to have been 4 - 7 % until October 1943, 3 - 4 % until April 1944, and 1 - 2 % until December 1944. What we would need would be the information which part of these losses was due to flak.

(My data is from the manual to "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe", but I think I've seen similar statistics in the Strategic Bombing Survey.)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Henning have to think about the issue for a bit ....have not forgotten, just want to consider all that has been said before making too much more comment. One thing, the issue is a lot more complex than I had thought
 
Hi Parisfal,

>Henning have to think about the issue for a bit ....have not forgotten, just want to consider all that has been said before making too much more comment. One thing, the issue is a lot more complex than I had thought

Roger, take your time - I'm looking forward to your response when you're ready :-)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
 
Well, I always liked the British AA guns best. Whilst the Quad Vickers AA gun may not have been the most effective, it was certainly one of the most complex!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back