Any firearms enthusiasts here? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DAVIDICUS

Staff Sergeant
Feb 23, 2005
What guns do you have?

What guns do you want?

Do you hunt, target shoot or just collect?

Well, I have 3 x .177 airguns. 2 of them are Rifles (Dont know the make) and one is a pistol. I want an air rifle of my own, as the ones I use are really my dads. I mainly shoot target but if a bird or other animal is in the vicinity ill have a pop at that too...

Ive got an air rifle and an air pistol, what I really want to use though is my dad's No.4 SMLE :D I used to target shoot at school and was a cadet weapns instructor, but obviously its harder to shoot now Im at uni. Once I've left and settled in the North-West though, I'll take it up again

Heres my premier rifle...sorry for poor pic quality

Attachments

• original_.177_122.jpg
    original_.177_122.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 604
Here's mine, not a very good picture.

Attachments

• the_gun_118.jpg
    the_gun_118.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 587
What kind of velocity do you guys get with those pieces?

How accurate are they?

DAVIDICUS said:
What kind of velocity do you guys get with those pieces?

How accurate are they?

I dont know about velocity, but you can make a cup of tea in the time it takes for the pellet to hit a target 100 yards away :lol: Its bloody accurate though.

I don't know what the velocity is, I'm informed on the .177 one it's 1000 feet per second. All I know is that it'll blast a rabbit and tear it's head in two from about 100 yards away and it's almost pin point accuracy.

It'd be pointless having scopes if it wasn't accurate.

I don't have any left but my favorite fire arm that I owned was a 12 bore Damascus barreled shot gun made around 1900 of unknown manufacturer (but I thought it may have been a Parker) a real work of art and a craft that has been lost to gun smiths although not a weapon that took kindly to the proofing tests and could not be used with smokeless powder.
Best gun I ever handled a Holland and Holland double barreled big game rifle. very similar to this one.
Nowadays owning fire arms in the UK even sporting weapons is getting much harder so I gave up some time ago.
As far as Air weapons go the old BSA Airsporter is still a good gun
and the Webley senior or Junior pistols still command quite good prices at the auctions if they are pre war and in good nick.

Attachments

• holland-500-450-dbl-left_397.jpg
    holland-500-450-dbl-left_397.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 535
Yeah, how was the holiday?

Anyway, as you know, I have a deactivated Mosin Nagant 91/30, but I also have an old 12 gauge fowling piece - (also out of commision)

My dad's mate has a beautiful Martini-Henry MkI rifle which works - in fact, the armourer of these guys - http://www.thediehards.co.uk/

was staggered when he saw the condition of it in relation to it's age. (1870's) - it has hardly ever been fired. And you don't need a licence for a firearm over 100 years old.

It takes a .450 calibre bullet so if you got shot by one at close range, you'd probably disappear from the top up!

Current Inventory:

Ruger Security Six 6" .357 Magnum

Tanfoglio Witness Standard Combat in .40 S&W

Ruger Redhawk Stainless Steel 7-1/2" Barrel in .44 Magnum

Marlin .22 Magnum Bolt Action Rifle

Remington 870 Express Super Turkey 12 gauge 3-1/2" Magnum

Ruger Mini-14 Stainless Steel in .223 Remington

Ruger Number One Standard in .338 Winchester Magnum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back