Any pilots here???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From what I hear, they think they can shoehorn a Viper motor in a -39. I'd like to see that.

The only guy I'm aware of doing engine swaps on -39 is a guy out of Chino Ca. named Steve Kalmer. I don't know what he was attempting to do but he advertises it on his website.

A viper in a -39 is a big undertaking. In a -29 it's not that difficult since the aircraft first used the viper when it was being developed.

Where are you located?

The only guy I'm aware of doing engine swaps on -39 is a guy out of Chino Ca. named Steve Kalmer. I don't know what he was attempting to do but he advertises it on his website.

A viper in a -39 is a big undertaking. In a -29 it's not that difficult since the aircraft first used the viper when it was being developed.

Where are you located?

We hangar out of Georgetown, DE.

And I know abot Worldwide Warbirds. They're a big CJ6/L-39 company and we primarily fly CJ's and L-39s.

I don't personally know them, but I definately know who they are. They've got the 2nd best flight team in Delaware!! I'm sure the senior members of my flight crew are friendly with them.

141s!! Where did you base out of???

My grandpa finished out his career flying 141s all over the world. He loved that plane. (Although not quite as much as the P-51D the P-40)

30th MAS, McGuire AFB, NJ. When and where was your grandpa (grandpa!!! Oh, no) flying. Flying all over the world was what the C-141 did. It was indeed a well loved aircraft.

30th MAS, McGuire AFB, NJ. When and where was your grandpa (grandpa!!! Oh, no) flying. Flying all over the world was what the C-141 did. It was indeed a well loved aircraft.

Yeah, he flew outta McGuire for awhile, then was outta Dover. Flew 141s during Vietnam.

Lt. Col Ted Killian... do you know him?

DSC_2930-vi.jpg

DSC_3096-vi.jpg

Let's see... I started out in a Luscombe 8A, then a Gruman Tiger. Got some Piper Arrow time and then a lot of Mooney time. I went on to T-37s, T-38s, F-4E, F-4D. Got about 500 hours in the BAe 31 Jetstream (Junkstream), then many years and hours in the good 'ol Boeing-727. Lots of AB-320 time. Typed in the 737, 757, 767, Embraer 170 and Embraer 190. Currently flying the 767. It's a living! (I'd do it for free, but don't tell the company that!) :twisted:

Don't get me wrong guys. I think I am one of the luckiest guys in the world. I dreamed of being a pilot all my life as a kid and young adult. I read every flying book from WWI and WWII I could find. I knew what I wanted to be. There were a lot of detours (like four years as a missile officer in North Dakota and time as a navigator). With hard work and a lot of luck, my dreams came true. I feel lucky to love what I do for a living. I also respect aviators no matter what they fly. RC models, ultra lights, Light Sport, etc. It is all aviation.

I first started out flying Cessna 172's and 152's, then flew the T-34C, C-12Bs, then on to TH-57B/C's, and now I fly the mighty MV-22B!

Yeah, he flew outta McGuire for awhile, then was outta Dover. Flew 141s during Vietnam.

Lt. Col Ted Killian... do you know him?

Doesn't ring a bell. I suspect he flew a bit earlier. I was flying out of McGuire from '71-'74. The big push at that time was pulling people out of Vietnama and supporting the October war in Israel.

I don't personally know them, but I definately know who they are. They've got the 2nd best flight team in Delaware!! I'm sure the senior members of my flight crew are friendly with them.
Cannavo did the mod to our plane and of course Gano owns the company.

Let's see... I started out in a Luscombe 8A, then a Gruman Tiger. Got some Piper Arrow time and then a lot of Mooney time. I went on to T-37s, T-38s, F-4E, F-4D. Got about 500 hours in the BAe 31 Jetstream (Junkstream), then many years and hours in the good 'ol Boeing-727. Lots of AB-320 time. Typed in the 737, 757, 767, Embraer 170 and Embraer 190. Currently flying the 767. It's a living! (I'd do it for free, but don't tell the company that!) :twisted:

Quite impressive! I take it that the Grumman Tiger is the light plane and not the F11F. At first I was really confused.

Quite impressive! I take it that the Grumman Tiger is the light plane and not the F11F. At first I was really confused.

Yes, the light plane.
I used it to do my cross countries and to build time. I would fly from Minot, North Dakota to Culbertson, Montana to buy Coors Beer. Coors wasn't available in ND. I would buy cases of cans from a bar across the street from the airstrip. Cans were lighter than bottles, so I could get more in the plane. I'd mark up the price so I could pay for my flight time and a case for myself. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back