Anybody have a clue why when I go to "Manage attachments" to post (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
a picture it won't let me? I click on it but nothing happens. Looks like my profile configs are ok..

I usually use the Quick Reply icon to posts pitures and haven't used the Manage Attachements button for a while. Last time I did though, maybe a month or two ago, it worked fine for me.

No problem with the Manage Attachment option. I clicked it today and the window for the File Selector has been opened. I added an image both with the Insert Line button and Done one. Check your settings for your net browser if you run Adblock, Firewal or other programs that can stop the opening of the pop-up windows.

Last edited:
hmmm I do go advance,will try the pop up config..

Turns out it's my MSN Explorer,it used to work before I went to Windows 7. Geuss I'll just use Mozilla.

This is what mine looks like when I go to Manage Files.

1. Add Files.................then the box with 2 3 comes up.
2. Select Files............ the photo you want to add, from your computer.
3. Upload Files.......... this one must be selected to get the files to transfer to the forum.
4. Done............. select this button after the file uploads and is in the bottom strip where the number 4 is and the box vanishes.
Then Submit............ should be complete.

Do you get any of this to come up??????

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 170
Thanks all. It must be some setting in my MSN.Explorer that I can't figure out or the firewall rules need to be looked at. I have no issues when I use Mozilla as a browser..

Also check your browser's advanced options.

In many cases, these client windows are driven by Javascript and if the security settings are too high, the script handling is disabled.

The security settings in advanced options allow a user to adjust their Java, Javascript and Active-X settings that range from allowing all to run in the browser, to completely disable all instances in the browser.

It seems to me, that your Javascript security settings may be a little too restrictive.

Ok,will mess around later today...

There has beee Java updated recently. Have you installed the updating? Also check if all Firefox plugins are updated.

To be honest, I have yet to see any browser perform without troubles anymore. They have made the internet so complex nowdays, that you have to upgrade software nearly every day and upgrade your hardware just about once a year just to keep up.

I miss the simple days of basic HTML 3.2 and Javascript 1.1, where a typical webpage was about 5 or 6K and you could navigate the internet on just about anything without any problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back