Anybody know where this FW190 was

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ALright,
Dora9 just solved another mystery. The Jagdpanther is of II/Pzlehr Regt 130: at the town crossroad of Katensen, he has 3 other photos of the same tanka and same camo pattern, with the same little bush in front of it, so I am further more able to piece together the journey,
Thanks Dora9

Erich,
On our correspondence on page 2 of this post, I found out an interesting story. You said that one of your Grandfathers was in Latvia during WW2. One of my Mom's good friends has a father that is still alive, he is 93 years old. He is native Latvian came to the states after the war. He has an engineering degree from Latvia. The way I understand it the Latvians were afraid the Russians were coming and didn't want anything to do with them.. So the Germans shipped some Latvians from a large city to SOuthern Germany. He was part of these refugees. Anyways, the Nazi's found out he had and engineering background while he was at the refugee camp, they put him to work designing and building the refugee housing in Southern Germany.. he was hired because of his engineering background to help design and build buildings, I guess like temporary building for Misplaced people in camps and such.. I think the Nazi's were somewhat friendly to Latvian's...But get this, can you believe,, to this day he still receives a pension from the German Government. He worked for them for 5 years or so and he gets $200 or so dollars a month that comes in the mail to his address in Iowa where he lives now straight from the German Government.
He met his wife at the refugee camp, and they used a US army blanket for her wedding dress

Kind of a neat story. If you are interested I can get more details from him. Also PM me your address if you want a 5x7 I have lots of copies of that pic.

some documents, draft notices, discharge papers letters from presidents you guys might find interesting..
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• WWII bought pictures front page.JPG
    WWII bought pictures front page.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 115
  • wwII photos page 17 (Large).JPG
    wwII photos page 17 (Large).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 93
  • wwII photos page 16 (Large).JPG
    wwII photos page 16 (Large).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 122
  • wwII photos page 14 (Large).JPG