Anybody know where this FW190 was

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry, i didn't get to post the red 22 images last night, internet problems? I think there was server issues...will try again tonight after work.

Ok Internet problem solved. so here are the 2 images as promised.

Wurger, the clearer image showing the W.Nr. 490044 built at
Focke Wulf-Aslau, W.Nr. block 490020 - 490050.

The model I built of Red 22 years ago... can't remember how long?

Fisher, wouldn't mind a larger image of your side shot, please.

The photo credit is via Tank Magazine Special Issue "Luftwaffe Warbirds Photo Album. Volume 1 Page 48." 1 of 5 photo's on which my model was based.

Attachments

• Fw190A-9_Red 22_JG301a.JPG
    Fw190A-9_Red 22_JG301a.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 541
  • fw190A-9_Red_22_8209.JPG
    fw190A-9_Red_22_8209.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 273
Wayne THX very much.The pic is really of good quality.The werk nummer is visible clearly now.Flaps seem to be of metal...Great my friend.:thumbleft:
Your Red22,I must say it again, is great !!!! Excellent work.:D :D :D

Great work, Wayne! Would love to see a diorama with the Heinkel and the 110 in the background. Cool stuff.

Wayne I cannot say for certain.......my cousins A-9 was an early one as it was downed in Nov. 44. Obviously another pilot came in to fly another white 2 in December of 44 onward. and the left hand view of Röte 22 is also from the J. Crow collection ........

E ~

All,
Got the scanned picture of the FW190 and also the mustang and B 17, i also found another picture of them on a Thunderbolt sittin on the propeller and front of it that is pretty cool. I am still trying to hunt up the ME 262, I think that one is or was in a different photo book, it's not in the one I have right now.. it kind of scares me though.. For example my Grandpa had pictures that were especially sinister separated from the photo albums, for example the pictures of prisoners/ walking skeletons at Bergen Belzen and we are not sure what he did with those pictures... My Grandma about 6 months ago say the leather map case and compass in the garbage, she just happened to find it in the garbage, I think my Grandpa in the later stages of alzheimers may have thrown some things away and we didn't know it.....

I shutter to think maybe some other photos may have let with the CC pics, but you never know they could be anywhere in a photo book. it's hard saying what was going through his head???

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 266
ANybody since you guys know your tanks, anybody know what this is called...
It's written on the back of the picture "German self propelled 88"

Chris

Attachments

• selfpropelled88.jpg
    selfpropelled88.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 236
I said thunderbolt, earlier, I was wrong, on the back of this picture is says B 17, it kind of looks like a P 47 from the cowl doesn't it..

Attachments

• B17wing.jpg
    B17wing.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 253
Good News All,
I found another picture book, and I found that Picture of the ME 262 in the forest I told you guys about.
. Also lots of pictures of blown up jeeps and german tanks, american tanks, And an american glider that crashed..
i'll scan the pictures tonight and post them of the ME 262 and American Glider.

Udate,
My brother took the picture book, he's scanning the pictures for me, so might be a few days. Thanks

Chris:

Nice photo! FYI, this is a known photo and there were many copies made of it and distributed to GI's. In fact, I have the exact same 262 photo in my photo collection!

I believe this aircraft was a JV 44 machine. Look for this image, and others of the same aircraft published in the 262 four volume set from Classic.

HTH

Mark Proulx

Yup,
This picture and the concentration camp pictures are in a separate photobook and on the inside of the cover he says these pictures were
bought at a GI store, and he says he had to buy the concentration camp pictures because the pictures he took,
he had them developed by a german camera shop and they said all 3 rolls of film didn't develop,
and it was his thought that they were destroyed by the camera shop, so he bought pictures at a shop..
Thanks

Dear Chris,

I live in the area in Germany where the photos of your Grandfather were taken.
Please get in contact with me.

email: [email protected]

Best wishes
Dora9

Thanks Dora9, He just solved my mystery of where that photo of the PAK 43 Jagdpanther self propelled 88 was taken at Katensen, 20 miles NE of Hannover.
According to the map "Trek of the 5th Armored division, they pass right by here, so I know for sure that is correct.
Thanks Dora9,
This board is great!

ALso
I scanned some more pics and put them on this site if any of you are interested, some of the new ones were from the separate album of the pictures bought from the PX GI store

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/5AD/photos/browse/8887?b=1&m=t&o=0

Tried it Fischer but Yahoo is too d*mn stupid! Can't access without an account and I can't get an account because it doesn't like my email. Stuck in a loop.

Those other pics were great though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back