Anybody know where this FW190 was

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My 2 cents as wurger and Erich have the plane covered. Fisher, if the limited knowledge I have about handguns is correct, hold onto that Ruger (or Luger). With the provenance you have it may be very valuable.

Njaco you are right I think Fisher meant the Luger pistole like this in the pic.

Attachments

• luger.jpg
    luger.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 184
The W.Nr. for Red 22 is definitely 490044 part of 30 A-9's built at Aslau...I think, at work at the moment so can't check. Can post image of other side tonight showing the W.Nr. and a shot of my Red 22 that I did some time ago and was going to put up on the Baer modelling thread that Erich started....

Hi Wayne,
Is your pic of the another side of the Red 22 of better quality.Unfortunately my one is not enough of this?

Wurger,
Ok, I guess when I see a track I automatically think a tank, thanks for the work on identifying that truck/small tank

Wow, That's pretty weird you guys already had a picture of the same airplane, you're right the camo patterns are identical.

Yeah, You guys are right, It's a luger, that's the exact gun. You grab the circle grip on the top back of the gun and it joints and opens the chamber. My Grandpa took it off an officer along with the compass and mapbook/bag and his officer gave him the ok to ship home so he did.. I always say Ruger for some reason, that's the exact gun you have in the picture and can you believe the leather map bag and black leather gun case still have a wonderful supple leather smell to them after all these years... He oiled the gun well and put it in the case in a safe and there is literally no deterioation.. even the small 1/4" leather strap that holds the top of the gun holder closed is in perfect condition..

Man, you guys know your stuff, Wow, congrats:shock:

Wurger,
I can send you a copy of the picture if you want when I get it on a CD in data format, or if anybody else wants it..

Ok,
Your guys information has helped me greatly.. based on the www.5ad.org/trek/html map I thought my grandpa's Company went through the path on the map, HameLN, Peine , Meine, WINTERFELD and then stopping at the River ELBE W of Berlin..

BUT, based on this new information, if you look at the map, there is a black Line pointing South From Brunswick on APR 10th, a unit went south to MUHLHAUSEN. So I can say for sure that my Grandfather's company was on this excursion.. Wonder why whey broke away from the rest... Muhlhausen is where the picture of him on the Howitzer 75 light tank he has labeled.. So I know now the picture was taken AFTER April 10th, 1945, that would explain the foilage on the trees..

So they must have went to that airfield East of MUHLHAUSEN and snapped the picture of the FOCKE WULF, also After April 10th, 1945..
What a help, then they probably worked back East and stopped at the River Elbe W of berlin and met up wtih the rest of the division..

SUpreme help guys..Thanks

yes we have some pretty sharp help here fisher as we come from many parts of Gods earth with all sorts of expertise, in fact I can safely say this is probably the most diverse forum I attend on with such a wide range of knowledge and more than just the love of aircraft..........

ok enough of that soggy stuff, bring on the photos man ! :lol:

E ~

Alittle off the topic, Fisher, I remember seing a TV docu on the Luger and the ones that could be authentic from Germany were worth mucho $$$. Adler is a collector of German artifacts and may help better than I. Don't sell that gun and pouch until you have a good handle on the worth. Or keep it with the collection of your grandpas stuff - future savings for the little ones. :lol:

little note about the source unknown pic of red 22 at Langensalza, that is from the Jim Crow collection, both views of either side actually with a nice looking Dora 9 included as well in the distance. I'd try to post them up if things were not so buried around here ..... hey it's Christmas guys 8)

Wurger it is my office, there are C. presents stashed all along the bookshelves and floor very tightly packed out.......what a trash heap it is.

actually I grew a grey beard of sorts for a Christmas musical last night, as I played St. Nick, then home and shaved that old ugly thing off my face, my wife luved it but it made me look 90 plus years of age ..............not yet thank you

I got to go to work for a spell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back