Anyone use this?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I did a pretty bad job in thinning my paints and my Badger 200 got clogged. So what I did was use 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol. But it through the siphoning tube and she works like a charm again. As opposed to expensive airbrush cleaner I think is was 75 cents for a 16 FL OZ bottle. Just curious ... I talked to Wojtek about it... and he said it's fine so I was curious...

I only use enamels so I use acetone for cleaning. When I'm finished I dismantle the brush and leave the color-wetted parts in a closable jar filled with it. NO FUMAR!

Sounds good! I just use water for the acrylics.. and I got that testors cleaning station with my first airbrush and the tihng is rather nice. I used to spray all the excess into cardboard and whatever I could find just to clean the airbrush..

Harry you haven't mentioned it is 70% Isopropyl. I suggest to check it influence on plastic parts of an airbrush. BUt it is an alcohol and shouldn't be "harmful" for these.

Acetone can impact the plastic.Be careful.

Last edited:
Harry you haven't mentioned it is 70% Isopropyl. I suggest to check it influence on plastic parts of an airbrush. BUt it is an alcohol and shouldn't be "harmful" for these.

Acetone can impact the plastic.Be careful.

I would suggest using 91% Isopropyl alcohol instead of 70% for both thinning and cleaning. It has fewer additives and is less likely to cause problems. It's probably not a major issue but the cost difference is minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back