Are There Any Jazz Lovers Out There?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

…Jazz àla Français….

Tete Montoliu Amb Billy Brooks I Erik Peter - A Tot Jazz
Concentric

00:00 A1 Stella By Starlight (Washington, Young)
09:21 A2 I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry (Styne, Cahn)
15:37 A3 Scandia Sky (K. Dorham)
20:30 B1 Fly Me To The Moon (Howard)
28:48 B2 Lament (J. J. Johnson)
34:06 B3 Au Privave (Charlie Parker)

Contrabass – Erik Peter
Drums – Billy Brooks
Piano – Tete Montoliu

Recorded 1965

Giorgio Azzolini – Tribute To Someone
Rearward

00:00 1A Tribute To Someone (Herbie Hancock)
09:00 2A So What ( Miles Davis )
13:25 3A Too Blue ( Victor Feldman )
18:02 1B Sometime Ago ( Sergio Mihanovic)
24:06 2B The Stroller (Benny Golson)
29:15 3B Hiroshima (Gato Barbieri)

Franco Ambrosetti - Trumpet
Gato Barbieri - Tenor sax
Dino Piana - Trombone
Pocho Gatti - Piano
Renato Sellani - Piano
Giorgio Azzolini - Bass
Lionello Bionda - Drums

While I appreciate the accolades I've received thus far, for the music I've been posting, it occurred to me earlier today, that I should probably try concentrating on music that was popular during the war.
....I mean, it IS a WWII forum after all.
So let's get this ball rolling with Jo Stafford, shall we.....

From the 1941 movie Sun Valley Serenade.
Most people are familiar with a segment that came later in this movie, for the song "Chatanooga Choo Choo", but this beautiful piece has become an almost forgotten foot note.
Sharp eyes will catch Tex Beneke playing in the sax section (he was a sax player first!) and actor John Payne "playing" piano.
The beautiful Lynn Bari is our girl singer for this segment and if that guy in the striped suit looks somewhat familiar, that's Uncle Miltie himself, Milton Berle.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
The following year, Miller and his orchestra starred in another blockbuster, Orchestra Wives.
The legendary Ray Eberle and Lynn Bari are the singers for this segment.
Sharp eyes will spy a young Jackie Gleason as the bass player (not really, just for the movie) and Cesar Romero as the band's pianist (not really, just for the movie).
If you're wondering about the young couple that makes their way to the front of the crowd at the beginning, that's Hollywood legend Ann Rutherford and a young Harry Morgan, who would later end up (first) as Joe Friday's partner Bill Gannon on the later version of the tv show Dragnet, and later, as Col. Sherman T. Potter on the tv version of M.A.S.H..
Enjoy! =)

Last edited:
The following year, Miller and his orchestra starred in another blockbuster, Orchestra Wives.
The legendary Ray Eberle and Lynn Bari are the singers for this segment.
Sharp eyes will spy a young Jackie Gleason as the bass player (not really, just for the movie) and Cesar Romero as the band's pianist (not really, just for the movie).
If you're wondering about the young couple that makes their way to the front of the crowd at the beginning, that's Hollywood legend Ann Rutherford and a young Harry Morgan, who would later end up (first) as Joe Friday's partner Bill Gannon on the later version of the tv show Dragnet, and later, as Col. Sherman T. Potter on the tv version of M.A.S.H..
Enjoy! =)

Nice connections.

Actually, something to remember next time I play 6 degrees to Kevin Bacon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back