Are you or have you ever been in the Armed Forces?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt sorry for the guys standing in the formation, it was a rather warm day and they had been out there for about 6 hours practicing. Several passed out in the formation because they locked there knees.

Yeah but as Les says it sucks. The longer you stand there, the more you accidently lock your knees, and then..... Wham hit the floor, nothing but black!

I have been contemplating for some time weather or not to post anything I did army wise as it was along time a go and not much. Anyway I did three years in the very early seventies as a private with the Royal Anglian Regiment, one and a bit tours in Northern Ireland and ended up buying me self out as it wasn't the job I hoped it would be. After that I got into a marriage that went very tits up and I walked out and left everything behind apart from the clothes I stood in so I have nothing to remind me not even me discharge papers. It was not the happiest time of my life so I tend not to talk about it much in fact thinking about it I appologise for boring you now.

That's very kind of you to say so Fly and much appreciated. Cheers mate.

I shall remember you in my will FBJ (you won't get bugger all) but I'll remember you. :)

Chalk it up as a life experience. Some guys do a tour in the military and have jobs like a regular guy, some get put into places and see things that are horrifying. But the fact that you indeed served, trackend is respectable. When it comes down to it, every job in the military is important. Sure, cooks and motor pool guys get no glory, but someone has to feed the guys and get them from place to place.

Three years isn't unusual trackie. A lot of people don't find a home in the mob. Three years is just grand and, like evan said, there's no such thing as a small job in the military. Well...:rolleyes:...maybe steward. ;)

Thanks for sharing though.

Thanks guy for those very kind words coming from a bunch of real service guys it means a whole lot more Im truly much obliged.
.End of message.

Back too frivolity and mirth

I still like the Stringbag what ever you blokes say
so there

Attachments

• muttley_291.gif
    muttley_291.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 337
Really Fly, bomb, bomb, bomb, talk about bombastic :) Its an early MTB
this model of a later one shows where the torps sat they dropped them off the stern then out ran them before turning to get out of the way

Attachments

• coastal_torpedo_boat_2_156.jpg
    coastal_torpedo_boat_2_156.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 308
Geez, now I could make more of it! Interesting!

NOW :bazooka: :evil4:

"There are two types of ships, targets and future targets."

Attachments

• vp65p3_334.jpg
    vp65p3_334.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back