Armor modeler needs help with Stuka (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does anyone know of some decent cockpit photos of the Ju-87B online somewhere? The cockpit of the 21st Century Toys kit is quite rudimenary, but as I've mentioned, I intend to suspend my Stukas from the ceiling so I have no desire to do a full, accurate cockpit; that said, however, I can't bring myself to just leave it empty, so as a bare minimum I have to at least fill some of the void with "gizmology."

Michael

Hi,

Here you are the B&W pic of early B-1 front cockpit and the instrument panel.:D

Source unknown.

Attachments

• Ju87_cockpit.jpg
    Ju87_cockpit.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ju87_B1instrumentpanel.jpg
    ju87_B1instrumentpanel.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 88
Hi Wurger: Many thanks for the photos. I'm using a few photos I've found of resin aftermarket cockpits to improve the sidewalls somewhat. Now I'm on a quest for an acceptable MG-15 to mount in the rear cockpit. You've been a tremendous help and I do appreciate it.

Michael

You are welcome mate.:D
Here you are a couple of additional drawings for MG 15 machine gun.

Source unknown.

Attachments

• MG15 mount.jpg
    MG15 mount.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 82
  • MG15.jpg
    MG15.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 79
I'm afraid I wasn't very clear in what I meant. I wasn't actually asking about whether to replace the gun with something other than a gun, but rather about whether there might be a better aftermarket gun available than the gun in the kit. Sorry for the confusion.
Michael

Ah, no worries, my mistake, I thought your question was a bit odd?:)

Okay I have to ask, what is the front sight gizmo? Looks like it accounts for aircraft yaw or some silliness, but silliness certainly was not a German design parameter. Two front post sights? Wings for range estimation (and thus lead)? And leading post has a wider section mid-way down. For close in snap shots? Any help here guys?

That's it Wurger. I've either never noticed it before or have never seen such a sight. Any information someone might have would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back